Autoactivate + panasonic

vbimport

Hi all,
I made a button in a menu auto-activate after some seconds but the DVD-player then freezes on this button+menu and won’t budge anymore. Command on this button = LinkTailPGC . This happens on my 2 Panasonics (S42 & S53) but on my JVC and Amstrad, the disc plays flawlessly. Any ideas?

Just found out that the titles actually do start playing (chapter indicater + time counter), but picture and sound displayed is still the title menu. Weird huh?

What version are you using?

What are the post commands since the button command is LinkTailPGC? Maybe you can show screenshots of the Preview window, Buttons pane, Programs pane.

Screenshot included. : link tailpgc goes to PGC42 which goes to VMG PGC2

Furthermore, when the disk is played in XBOX360, the auto-activate simply doesn’t work and I can still choose and select the menu buttons manually.

Is this a still menu? If it is, make sure the cell still time is not infinite. Set it to 15 sec in the Programs pane, similar to auto-action button.

Another way is you don’t have to auto-activate the button. Set highlighted_button = 1024 in the pre-command, set cell still time to 15 sec. Once this time is passed, it should auto execute button 1.

Another way is to remux the still menu with a play time of 15 sec with MuxMan. You should see this time in the Preview window when replacing. Set the cell still time to 0 in the Programs pane. And define the auto-activate button.

This happens on my 2 Panasonics (S42 & S53) but on my JVC and Amstrad, the disc plays flawlessly. Any ideas?

Just found out that the titles actually do start playing (chapter indicater + time counter), but picture and sound displayed is still the title menu. Weird huh?

The authoring is OK. Perhaps you have a dodgy disc you have written to where the pannys are not so forgiving.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2063604]The authoring is OK. Perhaps you have a dodgy disc you have written to where the pannys are not so forgiving.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Nope, no dodgy discs. Cause the pannies play everything and the discs already work in the others. It’s definately a navigation issue with the pannies.

[QUOTE=toaddub;2063440]Is this a still menu? If it is, make sure the cell still time is not infinite. Set it to 15 sec in the Programs pane, similar to auto-action button.

Another way is you don’t have to auto-activate the button. Set highlighted_button = 1024 in the pre-command, set cell still time to 15 sec. Once this time is passed, it should auto execute button 1.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, still menu it was. Changed this to what you proposed and now it works. Thanks.
But as I said the JVC and Amstrad didn’t have a problem with this whatsoever.

Also: editing the discs and removing the auto activation + still time gave same problems. I had to start again from scratch with the original discs. The auto activation feature must have altered something else maybe? Cause I have used auto-activation before on episode discs, and never had a problem.

Are you saying that your 2 Panasonic models do not have problems with auto-activation method before until this disc? Did you use the same method for still menus in previous discs and in the same DvdReMake version? What version are you using, btw?

Now you know there’s alternative method should the auto-activation method fails.

It’s definately a navigation issue with the pannies.

As I said, the nav looks OK.

There’s no logical reason why one player should have no trouble with the nav while another has problems.

What media are you using?

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2064261]As I said, the nav looks OK.

There’s no logical reason why one player should have no trouble with the nav while another has problems.

What media are you using?

Regards[/QUOTE]

If it was a media issue, then it would be close to a miracle as it happens on three different discs on exactly the same place and command.

btw: I use Verbatim DVD-R

[QUOTE=toaddub;2064116]Are you saying that your 2 Panasonic models do not have problems with auto-activation method before until this disc?[/QUOTE]
That’s right.

[QUOTE=toaddub;2064116]Did you use the same method for still menus in previous discs and in the same DvdReMake version? What version are you using, btw?[/QUOTE]
Yep, same method. Don’t know anymore if or not i changed version, but most probably yes. Now I’m with 3.6.3

[QUOTE=toaddub;2064116]Now you know there’s alternative method should the auto-activation method fails.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks.

‘Bypass menu’ function gives same problems with the panasonics. The players go to the desired title, but there is no video, only black screen with audio.

‘Bypass menu’ should blank the menu and auto-activates the intended button. I don’t see how the title can be blanked, unless you blank it yourself. :confused:

My Pioneer, JVC, Amstrad and PC play the same disk just fine…

That indicates your Panasonic is picky. What model is it? What media are you using to burn and at what speed? Can you manually select the title via remote assuming that you have cleared PUOs?