Auto play on standalone?

Greetings :slight_smile:

Small question:

How do I get my burns (avi) to play straight away? meaning, once I put the disk in, and the player begins to read, how can I get it to play automatically without the default menu popping up and having to select?

Tanks…

As far a I know, you will get a menu, but if you leave it playing it will play straight through all the titles on the disc.

:cool: :cool:

Would a different file type allow this or it the same for all?

Is this the reason you make pretty menues? :cool:

I don’t think it matters what format they are in.

I make no menus what so ever. I burn all my avi’s to disk as data. This is how my dvd player will display them.

Example:

Let’s say you have some episodes of Stargate and that you label them.

If you were to burn them all to disk just individually then you will have them all in what is called a root menu and your dvd player that supports the avi’s should display them all as

EP01S01 - Stargate SG-1 - Title
EP02S01 - Stargate SG-1 - Title 2

You then can create Sub menus by placing episodes into folders

SG Season 1

EP01S01 - Stargate SG-1 - Title
EP02S01 - Stargate SG-1 - Title 2

SG Season 2

EP01S02 - Stargate SG-1 - Title
EP02S02 - Stargate SG-1 - Title 2

Ah, I see now, kinda.
That’s basically what I don’t want to do. I don’t want to create a data dvd with multiple files, just an ordinary single playback. Is AVI the wrong file type for that, or is that to do with the burning settings?

Then you will want to use ConvertXtoDVD.

Would the conversion decrease the quality in any way? And (not meaning to sound like a cheapskate) is there a freeware alternative?

Thanks for all the help.

The only way to know for yourself is to try it.

AVI to DVD using DVD Flick Guide

Link: http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/AVI_to_DVD_using_DVD_Flick_page1.html