Auto GK uninstall has deleted all downloaded files?

I just dont believe my bad luck :sad:Auto GK has deleted all of my downloaded files for some reason??

Is there a program that can find stuff deleted as it was without my confirmation to do so, as i’m really pissed off:a i have now 58.7GB, before that it was 10 GB about!

After searching around for the Xvid codec, i clicked on the Auto GK icon on desktop, it showed me it was corrupted & reinstall it!

So i proceeded to uninstall it & reinstall it from the main site, but it took an awful long time to uninstall when i came back a few mins later & noticed it was stuck with the 2 words close/delete & thought that weird on a folder it shouldnt be in as it was going thru all the files in Program files??,
so i tried to close the window & had to resort to Task Manager to do the job & just went to reinstall it over it, thought it might do the trick & it did, but when i went to find a file it said it wasnt there!

& that’s when i found out /hand over face goin ohh nooooo!

This kind of thing really knocks you for 6 as i was getting around to takin stuff of the HDD.

SO if there is any program or/and on how this disaster happened.:slight_smile:

I’m away to bed as its late here.

Thanks for any assistance given.

For what I know uninstalling AutoGK will not delete any file in your HDD other than installation files.

I seriously doubt that it was AutoGK to delete files from your HDD.

Did you check your system with an antivirus?

Take a look here: there are many free tools to recover deleted files.

Thanks for your reply, I’m not yet over this, but trying to get back to this as my temper was fuming.

I’ve tried out the app. from that site but when using the recover button it says do you want to recover to a different drive, i’m only aware of one drive (C:) So im stumped there :confused:

I dont know what happened, but i do know it happened during the uninstall of AutoGK, as i’ve said earlier ’ tried to click on the shortcut icon on the desktop & it said it was corrupt…’

All i done was clicked on both the .exe & the update in Program Files, but when uninstalling it, it just seemed to check everything in Program Files every program has been deleted after further noticing Nero, HP, DREAMWEAVER, PHOTOSHOP, DVD FAB etc, including AVG??
I had to reinstall that, so when i did it done a full scan for me & found nothing!
it just stalled a few times & then i proceeded to install it over the previous one it worked, but as you know the rest, i’d really like to know what happened here :confused:

Have you tried restoring windows to an earlier date (Using windows restore)?
The recovery softwares don’t like to recover to the drive which has the problem. You either need a second HD, or recover to CD/DVD. There are some recovery softwares which will recover to a partition or portion of the same HD you have the problem with. You may need to do some searching…

[quote=harley2ride;2017850]Have you tried restoring windows to an earlier date (Using windows restore)?
The recovery softwares don’t like to recover to the drive which has the problem. You either need a second HD, or recover to CD/DVD. There are some recovery softwares which will recover to a partition or portion of the same HD you have the problem with. You may need to do some searching…[/quote]

Hmmm! could be a solution to it, i’ll have to some searching as soon as i find the time in a while :rolleyes:

You say the recovery s/ware dont like doing that, i dont have a second HD & its programs & divx/xvid files that were unduly deleted too much for a dvd, would they be able to come back to the HD again? As i’m totally confused about this, i have no idea about partition/ portion of the HD.

Ironically all i wanted to do was take stuff of the HD when lookin for an xvid codec to burn stuff,
but this takes the piss:a