Auto disconnect

vbimport

Been searching around for a piece of software that will disconnect my computer from the internet automatically.

I have windows xp and im using dial up of course. And yes i know that you can change the setting in dial up networking properties but it will only go up to 59 minutes.

My goal is to have stuff downloading while im sleeping and when i get up be disconnected from the net.

I also need it to disconnect at a set time or on a timer. Any suggestions?

Use the disconnect if idle for xx minutes option.

And yes i know that you can change the setting in dial up networking properties but it will only go up to 59 minutes.

Disconnect if idle is what i was refering to.

What i need is something that will let me be connected forr say 5 or 6 hours, then disconnect automatically

use “hang up when job completed” option every download manager i use has it.

I like getright, it’ll even shutdown as well

i use Flashget for all downloads or download accelorator(once in a blue moon). Flashget has all those options and a load more, it even has a fix corrupt zip file option:cool:

@Futureproof
Getright is shockin mate it’s so slow even when you split files check out flashget you won’t be disappointed http://www.amazesoft.com/

I use Getright too. I don’t think it’s slow, and it’s got filemirrors.com and other cool stuff :slight_smile:

i used getright at first and only got speeds of 2.5 to 3 kb/s as soon as I started using flashget I get dl speeds of 5kb/s and up on 56k(miss my adsl connection). The other night I dl’d a file at 12kb/s :o on 56k and the file wasn’t corrupt.

I like flashget. I average 100kb/s sometimes up to 250kb/s, and you can set it up to scan files with AV software upon completion of download;)

Im downloading flashget now, I will set it up and try it tonight and see how it works. Thanks

You could also try Stay Connected. It’ll help keep you from being disconnected while your online and it also has an option where it’ll disconnect you at a certain time. http://www.inklineglobal.com/

I’m trying Flashget now, it has some cool stuff (such as copy & paste many files to download) but I can’t say it’s any faster than Getright :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
I’m trying Flashget now, it has some cool stuff (such as copy & paste many files to download) but I can’t say it’s any faster than Getright :slight_smile:

Did you set the speed it’s the pink coloured arrow on the toolbar. you can have it as auto, manual or unlimited I set mine to unlimited
:smiley:

Originally posted by slayerking

@Futureproof
Getright is shockin mate it’s so slow even when you split files check out flashget you won’t be disappointed http://www.amazesoft.com/

Sure, I’ll try it out but my speeds are OK on 512Kbps

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Sure, I’ll try it out but my speeds are OK on 512Kbps

[/B]

show off! :wink:

i want my adsl back

better not post my 412K/sec screens :wink:

dsl was good but too slow for my needs, cable is so much faster, if anyone is up for trading movies PM me… lol

anyhow, i prefer getright, but have you ever considered going into BIOS and just setting up for the pc to power up/down – most slightly older BIOS will support this. All new ones should.

Kwkard, I have same query (refer Item #1 in this thread!).

Sure, if one wants to auto-disconnect WHEN a certain program/download finishes there are ways to do that… but… I like to go to sleep with streaming audio on, and have it disconnect after say 2 hours.

I use the 11k freeware "AutoDown " which is perfect, except it doesn’t just disconnect from internet, but closes my whole PC.

I’ve also found a shareware program Auto-IP which DOES disconnect perfectly at predetermined time, but it seems overkill… 800k download, US$25, a zillion “other” features, etc etc… :wink:

Surely somewhere there’s a simple tiny program to keep both me AND Kwkard happy !??