Author DVD with 5.1 surround sound

Hello, I have two MPEG-2 files with 5.1 sound and I want make a DVD with them. What author DVD software should I use for this?. I am using TMPEG Author DVD, but I wonder if reencodes all to standard audio format for a DVD or keeps the audio source.

Thanks,

If I ran into something like this, I use DVDLab for authoring.
If you have to convert format, demux sound, convert video, import both files to Lab, do what you want as menu go and compile.
If your Mpeg is DVD compliant and no conversion needed, just import, let Lab demux and author DVD.
5.1 will stay intact.

[QUOTE=CopperTomato;2031331]Hello, I have two MPEG-2 files with 5.1 sound and I want make a DVD with them. What author DVD software should I use for this?. I am using TMPEG Author DVD, but I wonder if reencodes all to standard audio format for a DVD or keeps the audio source.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]
You don’t mention what version of TMPGEnc, but it should leave the audio alone as long as it’s DVD compliant. One easy way to find out.

1. The files are DVD compliant (so no convertion needed).
  2. I use TMPEGenc DVD Author 1.6 or TMPEGenc DVD Author 3 with
    Divx.
    Maybe DVDLab it the the best option???.

I do not know TMPG DVD Author. I use TMPGEnc Xpress and that one will only output stereo even if original is 5.1.
I assume their Author is the same, it is apparently matter of licence.
That answer came from Tmpg, when I enquired and they do not intend to put 5.1 option into the software.

There are a few newer dvd editing/authoring packages which will handle 5.1. Adobe Premiere Elements, Ulead Studio, and others. Just check the web sites and you can see all that they are capable of…

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2031403]I do not know TMPG DVD Author. I use TMPGEnc Xpress and that one will only output stereo even if original is 5.1.
I assume their Author is the same, it is apparently matter of licence.
That answer came from Tmpg, when I enquired and they do not intend to put 5.1 option into the software.[/QUOTE]
TMPGEnc-Author3 does not re-encode 5:1 audio unless you apply filters or make other changes that result in video or audio re-encoding. In short, 5:1 in means 5:1 out. I haven’t tried it with Express4, but it may be the same situation.

I will try some of the softwares you mentioned harley2ride and read some reviews…

Thank you!!

[QUOTE=CDan;2031424]TMPGEnc-Author3 does not re-encode 5:1 audio unless you apply filters or make other changes that result in video or audio re-encoding. In short, 5:1 in means 5:1 out. I haven’t tried it with Express4, but it may be the same situation.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I do not know Author, but Express4 (I use it) will do that without any filters or change in setting. I do have latest update and do not see any changes in audio.
The confirmation came from software company. They do not have licence for 5.1, because it will increase software price too much - their words.