Austria or Germany - what if on a software doesn't stand that there is a protection

Hi,

one question… what is if on a software don’t stand that there is a copy-protection on it although it is…
Would I then be allowed to make a backup - although I don’t know if there is even a problem with backing up in Austria right now although it would come at least - or may I even be able to force the publisher to remove the copy protection?

If you are a german speacker read -this-

yes … I am German speaking… but this isn’t really an answer to my question is it?

There just stand (also in the document from the “Bundesjustizministerium”) that companies need to have written on the software that is copy-protected that there must be writen on this software seeable that this software has some sort of copy-protection on it…

BUT not what is, if that doesn’t stand on the Software, what laws the customers then have and what the company then need to do…

but thanks anyway… someone who know an answer?

I read this and many other articles too, and i my conclusio is that it is forbidden to back up a copyprotected game/whatever-cd and it is also forbidden if it isn’t standing on the software/game.

hmm… but what can I then do when there stand nothing about a copy protection on the CD?
Can I then force the company to remove the protection or something like this? Otherwise this is just another useless law…

No, but you can force them that they show that their software is copy protected

true…

Mediaget has been Update. It is powerful and Usefu l.we can download tons of files at a time and managing them is absolutely simple and quickly.we can see more info on
http://www.mediaget.com

http://www.mediaget.com/asp/download.asp

erm… wrong thread?

why wrong thread?

So you can only force the company to show that there is a protection on it?
And how… I mean if they are already selling this software or game… it is too late for changing this… because the software already stand without this information in the shops…

oh lol… i didn’t mean you… my post: “wrong thread” was refering to a spamer who was deleted now… :wink:

ah…

do you know something to my second paragraph?

So you can only force the company to show that there is a protection on it?
And how… I mean if they are already selling this software or game… it is too late for changing this… because the software already stand without this information in the shops…

Hm… i think it’s only possible to force the company in future to show that there is a protection or that the sell their software without copy protection, but i think too that it isn’t allowed to copy software with a copy protection (equal if it’s shown or not, i hope equal is the right word, translated by google “egal”).

Also it’s illegal to sell copy protected Software without “Warning, it’s copy protected” or something like that.