Australian Version

vbimport

I was just trying to copy Ironstorm, I’m located in Australia and I believe that this version has LaserLock protection, if it is correct that laser lock has the rings around the side of the CD. How long did it take to rip the CD with Alcohol 120%???

It’s Ring Protech protected here in oz and if you try to copy it with alcohol making the image will take a few seconds short of eternity.

Use clonecd with a read profile as follows: FES on, IBBS (500) on, everything else off. Write with everything off.

running the “laserlock” rips off the hdd worked fine… thats off the virtual drive I mean…
anyways, can it actually damage the reader if the rip takes too long??

running the “laserlock” rips off the hdd worked fine… thats off the virtual drive I mean…

Laserlock settings are correct for Ring Protech if you must use alcohol so it should work from the virtual drive.

anyways, can it actually damage the reader if the rip takes too long??

Yes, reading ~3,200 consecutive bad sectors individually can burn your drive out. Not necessarily will, but can. You can reduce the risk by slowing the read speed to say 4x. Sure the unprotected area will be read a bit slower but it won’t make any difference to the time it takes to work through the ring and it will reduce the risk of overheating when working it’s way through the ring.

so i’m guessing that if the lens burns out after overheating, the drive will be rendered unusable, correct?