Australian judge calls Galaxy Tab 10.1 ban 'not terribly fair'

vbimport

Australian judge calls Galaxy Tab 10.1 ban ‘not terribly fair’.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/11/leLr2b.jpg[/newsimage]Last month Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 was banned in Australia until Samsung and Apple resolve their patent dispute. This month an Australian appeals court judge questioned the ban implying that it was great for Apple but unfair to Samsung.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/australian-judge-calls-galaxy-tab-10-1-ban-not-terribly-fair-55072/](http://www.myce.com/news/australian-judge-calls-galaxy-tab-10-1-ban-not-terribly-fair-55072/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The main problem is that Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is too good. In many respects better than iPad2.

“All is fair in love and war”. (John Lyly)

What would be fair is -> if the case is decided as unjustified, then the ban is counter-applied to the original filers product.

The way the law is now, there are no punishments applied for filing frivolous, or unwarranted lawsuits. Make those sorts of frivolous lawsuits have a penalty, and the courts would be freed up for real cases, and companies will be forced to compete on their products merits - a better situation for consumers - real capitalism at work.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 is an excellent product, while not the best tablet, certainly the most highly recognised, after the apple ipad … which is exactly why Apple is attempting to discredit the product, and via association, the company.

Yeah, most recognizable because it looks exactly like an iPad.

Frivolous and unwarranted ? Please. They are blatant copycats !
Samsung have always been a “copycat” company. They were known to be like this long before they started copying Apple products, when they struggled to be like Sony. They can’t invent or innovate anything. Android O/S and Samsung’s phones and tablets are rip offs.

It does seem unfair to me to ban it outright before the legalities have even be decided.

I think it would be a lot fairer if they would allow Samsung to market it on the condition that Apple would get the profits if they eventually win.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=ivid;2613347]Yeah, most recognizable because it looks exactly like an iPad.

Frivolous and unwarranted ? Please. They are blatant copycats !
Samsung have always been a “copycat” company. They were known to be like this long before they started copying Apple products, when they struggled to be like Sony. They can’t invent or innovate anything. Android O/S and Samsung’s phones and tablets are rip offs.[/QUOTE]
Apart from Germany, the European Union recognized that the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 was dissimilar enough to NOT be a “copycat” from the million possible shapes, sizes and button combinations that Apple abused the patent system to eliminate competition.

I’ll let the courts decide. Anything less would be disrespecting the real professionals which deal with these alleged “copycat” infringement cases.

I guess this Australian judge will soon be sent off to the Apple re-education camp…

[QUOTE=paulw2;2613409]I guess this Australian judge will soon be sent off to the Apple re-education camp…[/QUOTE]
ivid will be camp leader :smiley:

I am laughing here. You say Samsung is a copycat. No dispute here, but what is Apple then? Have you ever compared Android with iOS (especially ver. 5.0/5.01)? Would be interesting, who copied and what (notifications, etc.)…

And btw, nowdays everybody copies everything. Samsung made a better product (thinner, lighter, bigger and better display, stereo speakers, real multitasking, Flash support, faster (i.e HSPA+21), Full HD Playback), sure thing Apple took steps. It is Sparta!