Australian ISP pulls VPN service

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Australian ISP pulls VPN service[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/06/slingshot-internet-and-calling-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Customers of the Australian ISP “Unlimited Internet” VPN service have just been dealt a significant blow.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/australian-isp-pulls-vpn-service-75672/](http://www.myce.com/news/australian-isp-pulls-vpn-service-75672/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

VPNs are just getting started in Australia. If you look closey, there are hundreds of Australians subscribing to VPN. You can use it to Netflix and other sites. VPN providers like IronSocket is the best recommended provider for you guys. Works like a charm.

After the MATA DATA law most of Australian users start using VPN. VPN not only provide you anonymity best also help you to unblock geo-restricted websites like Netflix, Hulu etc. IP Vanish working greatly in Australia and if you choose it from VpnRanks, you get 25% discount too.

A VPN is just a awesome way to bolster your security as well as access resources on a network you are not physically connected to. Also it can unblock geo-restricted websites like YouTube, Twitter etc… Best Vpn service providers like PureVPN is the recommended provider for you folks. I used this Vpn through my iphone vpn option.

It’s true that vpns can be used to avoid geoblocking, but that’s not what the message states. Unlimited Internet was one of those that provided such a service to Australian users, but STOPPED providing it after legal threats /problems under the new laws. Others for the moment refuse to bow to the pressure.

This is just crazy.

There’s a score of legitimate uses for VPNs and they’re widely used here by businesses to provide secure access to their networks.

Plus how can content providers prove they’ve been used for illicit purposes without illegally hacking into the VPN?

They are just using bully boy tactics as they’ve no evidence at present and even if they could obtain it, illegally sourced evidence is inadmissible in Court.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2751731]They are just using bully boy tactics [/QUOTE] Bullying has worked since before invention of language, and probably before the invention of humans, and it’s very often effective. :wink:

I wonder if these content providers realize these former Unlimited Internet VPN users could simply download illegal copies of their favorite shows and movies? Shutting down the users ability to access these works will surely leave users will less choice, while leaving these bullies with a damaged reputation. In the entertainment industry, that’s a perfect recipe for mass copyright infringement.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2751798]I wonder if these content providers realize these former Unlimited Internet VPN users could simply download illegal copies of their favorite shows and movies? Shutting down the users ability to access these works will surely leave users will less choice, while leaving these bullies with a damaged reputation. In the entertainment industry, that’s a perfect recipe for mass copyright infringement.[/QUOTE]

I think the horse is out of the barn for that one already…they can try all they want to use copyright infringement but the downloads keeps growing. They are using a dying business model that no longer works. If they “Get with the Times” maybe then and only then would they secure money in the long term.

[QUOTE=vocalix;2751965]I’ve been using IPVanish (http://bit.ly/ipvanishvpn). They don’t keep logs, they don’t have IP address leak problems, no suprise disconnections, and it works on all my devices. The browsing and streaming speeds are truly fast.[/QUOTE]

Based on what evidences? And also no VPN is world wide so your own conclusion is so full of holes a VPN can pass straight through it and you didn’t know it.

PureVPN australia works good for me, it is affordable, fast, reliable, responsive, protocols friendly, allows multi logins, offers 450+ servers in 100+ countries

I use Torguards VPN and its never been better, how anyone could say using a VPN is beyond me, with all the crap thats out there.