Australia will not back up

having trouble backing up The Kingdom, and Australia. Instead of burning the system reboots, even after running Pathfinder. no Error codes just a reboot.

I just got Australia, will try it and see what happens.

I Backed Australia up 4 days ago with no problem.
R1 R4 pathplayer enabled movie only.

I did not try full disk.

Forgot to mention I used version 5232.
There has been mention on another forum that there seems to be some bad
pressing of this movie on the market.
Play fine but will not copy.

Same here no prob with ver 5.2.3.2 PP enabled R-1 full disc using Verbatim media burnt at 12X with VSO burning engine ( long movie )

ditto: 5.2.3.2 R1 pathplayer enabled movie only - copied and played fine

[QUOTE=Benhad;2233000]
There has been mention on another forum that there seems to be some bad pressing of this movie on the market.
Play fine but will not copy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you may have nailed it.
R1, WS, PP enabled, Platinum 5.3.0.0 for me.
I had no problems with customize mode…main title with English subtitles burned to a verb DL no problem.
Also ripped it in clone mode to the hdd.

I’m not clear as to why the rip was successful, but your system rig crashed and rebooted…very bizzare.

Even though you did not receive an error message, you should be able to look in the crash dump file. I believe this is enabled by default…so unless you intentionally disabled it, you should find something related to this event.

have the latest vesion, it does not even make it to the burn stage, almost right at the end of copying to hard drive my system reboots, happens with both movies. copying movie only.

rkklingborg
No problem here either. Make sure you don’t have “Turn off computer when done” checked somewhere. ImgBurn reboots mine instead of turning it off with that checked. You might also try ripping to a folder instead of straight to disc, then burn either with ImgBurn or DVDFab Write Data mode.

I have also backed up Kingdom with out a problem using same setting as
for Australia.
I am thinking you have a conflict somewhere that is causing the problem or
as Signals mentioned it is a setting in the software.
Unless you can furnish more information it is a wild guessing game to figure it out.
This is of course is assuming that both disk are not faulty in some way.
I now leave it to the experts with more knowledge than I have to help.

I just want to add to the discussion, I backed up Australia 2 days ago, with DVDFab 4, 40.62 I have also the updated DVDFab 5 shot it to the HD and then used Image burnt to go to the disk, I have watched the movie and it did just fine, I have backed up several movies with the DVDFab 4, pathplayer when needed, and have had no problems, Now when I have one I use DVDFab 5 and it does well also, since I started using Image burn to go to the DVD+R Virbatim only, these are great disk… Just my input…
If is not broke I don’t fix it :bow:

Sontog

thanks for the help. used a older machine, one error and promp to update. then an hour twenty minits later and back up is in the case and disc is added to libery.

“1 hr, 26 min later”, sounds like you are switched to PIO mode instead of DMA. Time to check and switch back.

To ensure your drives are operating in DMA mode: (1) Control Panel, (2) System, (3) Goto the Hardware Tab, (4) Device Manager, (5) IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, (6) Right Click on Primary IDE Channel --> Properties, (7) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say ‘DMA if Available’, Click OK,(8) Right Click on Seconady IDE Channel --> Properties, (9) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say ‘DMA if Available’, Click OK

If it will not change back to DMA mode by selecting it, uninstall the IDE Channel. To do that, open Device Manager as follows. Right-click on My Computer, select Properties, click on the Hardware tag, click on the Device Manager button, click on the plus sign to the left of IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller, right-click on Secondary IDE Channel, click on Uninstall.

After booting Windows will automatically reinstall the IDE channel and the DVD drive.

Easy way to reset DMA is go to the settings (general) and you will see a button that says reset DMA just click that