Aussies hate Midnight Oil?

Hey, figured I’d ask this question here since quite a few members here (mods esp.) seem to be Australians…
Is it true you guys hate Midnight Oil? A friend just gave me Scream in Blue and Blue Sky Mining and I think they’re great. However I’ve been reading that apparently you think “Garret” is politically radical or an arrogant person or whatever?

I think Aussies have mixed feelings about Midnight Oil. They are an awesome band that makes great music, but Peter Garret is a dickhead when it comes to political activism and envirnmental issues. You should have seen him on 60 Minutes a few weeks back when a noted ex-greenie was debunking a lot of the greenie claims about problems with the environment. He got very upset with this guy and seemed to say if you don’t agree with my view then your just plain wrong.

Browndog

Yup browndog you hit the nail right on the head, I have most of midnight oils albums and i love the music, but as you said, [EDIT] NO Racial Slurs on this Forum [EDIT]say no more.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Edit:

Racism is not tollerated, PM me if you wish to discuss this further.
Huzzy

I never heard of that guy before, but I believe you guys. A have to admit, Midnight oil made quite some nice music…

Yeah I also never heard of him, that’s why I put it in quotes. So is he the singer? The album booklet doesn’t really make it clear who does what…

Also, is abbos those aboriginal people he keeps talking about on Scream in Blue?

@ badreligionpr

yes he is the singer

@ mrjoshua

his ideas are just too far gone and he loves the abbos!!! say no more.

take your racial crap somewhere else:(

Hey im stating a fact, dont bring this onto me:confused:

I have to agree the music is great but Peter Garret is a dickhead, and a radical.

One of the great Oz bands, but a few cows short in the back paddock I think.

G O

OK, a little bit off topic but my question is :

What were Aussies feelings like about Men At Work and/or Colin Hay in particular ? :wink:

Originally posted by Mad_HatTA
take your racial crap somewhere else:(

Agreed, but why the change of nick? :confused:

got sick of it everywhere i went it was taken:a

Originally posted by G O
but a few cows short in the back paddock I think.

Must be an Aussie saying…what’s a paddock?

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
what’s a paddock?

In this context, an enclosed field of grass.

Also means a fenced in area where racehorses are saddled prior to racing but not in this context.

just another way of saying he might have a few screws loose,
or not quite the full quid.

G O

paddock = a few screws loose :confused: WTF!

Originally posted by MrJoshua
Hey im stating a fact, dont bring this onto me:confused:

Your original post has been edited, becareful what you post in the future.

Aussie slang
I won’t try to explain
I think Mad_HatTA is confused enough.

G O

Mad Hatted = aussie, no idea why he doesnt get it ?

a few cows short in the back paddock = same meaning as few screws loose, or 3 sandwiches short of a picnic,

kapish ?

c’mon i just woke up 10 minutes ago

Originally posted by Huzzy
a few cows short in the back paddock = same meaning as few screws loose, or 3 sandwiches short of a picnic,

Or a few cents short of a dollar, or a few bricks short of a load, etc. :wink: