Audio/Video sync

vbimport

I posted this question a week or so ago and received some responses but my problem still exists and seems movie independent.

The problem is after you’re about half way into viewing the movie backup the video loses sync with the audio. You can regain sync by stopping the movie (not pause but actual stop) then restart but eventually it will loses sync again.

Some of you recommended using Verbatim disks instead of Memorex so I did that. I downloaded the latest sw at the time (v5.1.1.5) to no avail so I replaced my dvd writer thinking maybe it was going bad. Still having the same problem. I don’t know what else to try. A few months ago this problem didn’t exist. I was getting very acceptable backups everytime.

Is there another app besides DVDFab I should be considering?

Help??

Why don’t you try d/l the new beta version at the top of this forum which came out this morning 5.2.0.0

Hi servtrkr,

Do you mean “DVD to DVD” backup disc will lost sync?

If so, it will be your player’s problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

fentao:
What makes you think it’s a player problem??

“Do you mean “DVD to DVD” backup disc will lost sync?
If so, it will be your player’s problem.”

fengtao is correct. I occasionally have the same problem and it is on the commercial (not a copy) disc. The problem is often related to the type of connection (i.e., composite, component, hdmi, etc.) you’re using to send the video feed to your monitor, and can be remedied by changing that…