Audio/Video Sync

In trying to convert avi downloaded files to DVD, I am experiencing difficulty with video/audio sync.

When I trim the file on the edit screen the playback is fine.

However, when I add a text style menu and preview the job just before burning to DVD, the audio is about 1 second behind the video.

I have done this several times with the same result.

Suggestions?

Is this problem related to your Ulead VideoStudio post??? If so, you should be posting questions in that post, instead of starting a new one.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;1978825]Is this problem related to your Ulead VideoStudio post??? If so, you should be posting questions in that post, instead of starting a new one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes this is the same software but a different problem.

Glenn

I would try it on RW first. :wink:

[QUOTE=Gmanning;1978884]Sorry, yes this is the same software but a different problem.

Glenn[/QUOTE]

As long as it is a different/unrelated issue, go ahead and continue here to find your answers…
But, your problem is related to your usage/lack of knowledge of VideoStudio. I really REALLY suggest that you go through all of the tutorials at the takeonevideo site I suggested to you in the other post, before you try doing more video work. It might seem like it will take a long time, but trust me. In the long run, in will save you a lot of time. Those tutorials cover almost everything. Your problem now, is that you inserted something onto the timeline, but you didn’t extend your audio to cover it. Or, you need to make sure that your audio stays locked to your video. I can’t remember the exact terminology at the moment, but it is addressed in the tutorial…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;1978936]As long as it is a different/unrelated issue, go ahead and continue here to find your answers…
But, your problem is related to your usage/lack of knowledge of VideoStudio. I really REALLY suggest that you go through all of the tutorials at the takeonevideo site I suggested to you in the other post, before you try doing more video work. It might seem like it will take a long time, but trust me. In the long run, in will save you a lot of time. Those tutorials cover almost everything. Your problem now, is that you inserted something onto the timeline, but you didn’t extend your audio to cover it. Or, you need to make sure that your audio stays locked to your video. I can’t remember the exact terminology at the moment, but it is addressed in the tutorial…[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am taking your suggestion.

Glenn