Audio/video sync probs

vbimport

Hello i have recently been having problems with converting my divx movies in to vcd format i thought it was the conversion itself but i have come to the conclusion that is not. When i cut the file B4 i convert to MPEG-1 i use Virtual Dub when i load the divx File into the program it brings up jargon about how it will rewrite VBR values into CBR or something along those lines. I proceed to cut the file in to two using the settings AUDIO:full processing mode and VIDEO:Direct stream copy. The first time i did this i had cut it from THE START of the movie to the middle The A/V sync was fine. The second time around when i went to cut the other half from the CENTER to the END the video is delayed the audio runs about 2 secs b4 the video… any one can help with my issue
be much appreciated

Thankyou

Couple if issues, its always best to convert the AVI as is to VCD and cut afterwards, you get no audio sync problems that way. If you follow the DVD2SVCD with TMPGenc way as in the Tutorial section, it will automatically cut the movie for you as well.

“…the program it brings up jargon about how it will rewrite VBR values into CBR or something along those lines.” thats telling you the audio stream is VBR (Variable Bit Rate) and VirtualDUB cant handle that correctly. Use NanDUB instead of VirtualDUB when ever you see that error.