Audio/Video out of Sync

Hey,

I recorded some videos on my camera phone of me and my mate playing guitar, the output file is .3GPP, and I want to convert it them to .AVI or .WMV so I can edit them in windows movie maker. I used Any Video Convertor (freeware) for this and the file I received was very dodgey to say the least with the audio and video way out of sync! Can anyone help me get these into sync? Thanks a lot.

Mike

You might want to start over again with a different converter, to see if you can get a better result. SUPER can convert 3GP files to avi or wmv for you.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER I suggest using the link that says Download from mirror (direct link), else you will have to wade through a few pages of propaganda from the publisher.

If you want to work with the files you have now, you can try to fix the synchronization problems with Virtualdub or AviDemux. In AviDemux, click the Shift box and change the value. Preview the results. It will take some experimentation to get the right value.

think thats fixed it, will let you know!

I already mentioned: Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Creator Pro
in another thread, it is the best i have used, but Ii am gonna give Super a shot right now.

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with that software I mentioned, I only found it’s usefulness to apply to a couple threads (2)

I somehow doubt that Cucusoft program will help with 3GP to .wmv conversion.

You should look into some other programs mtownshend. Those free programs that can make use of the HC encoder will produce excellent quality mpeg2 or dvd-video. Examples include AVStoDVD and FAVC.

I only mentioned SUPER because of the 3GP starting point for Mike H.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2294919]I somehow doubt that Cucusoft program will help with 3GP to .wmv conversion.

You should look into some other programs mtownshend. Those free programs that can make use of the HC encoder will produce excellent quality mpeg2 or dvd-video. Examples include AVStoDVD and FAVC.

I only mentioned SUPER because of the 3GP starting point for Mike H.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have been working with Super and I am getting better side by side comparison. I am gonna move to try AVStoDVD and FAVC today, thanks!