Audio Troubles with DVDFab

Okay. I’ve been having success with dvdfab for the most part, but there is one thing I just cant figure out. I use the Main Movie feature, and leave all the settings default, but when the copy is complete, not all of the audio is there. There is background audio, but no dialogue. I have tried this with several movies. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mulletman1004

[QUOTE=mulletman1004;2311701]Okay. I’ve been having success with dvdfab for the most part, but there is one thing I just cant figure out. I use the Main Movie feature, and leave all the settings default, but when the copy is complete, not all of the audio is there. There is background audio, but no dialogue. I have tried this with several movies. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mulletman1004[/QUOTE]

When you play back a DVD in your set top, what are you running the sound through? Your TV? A stereo system?

When you did these movies, do you happen to recall the setting in Fab’s audio choices that you accepted just before you started the rip?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2311877]When you play back a DVD in your set top, what are you running the sound through? Your TV? A stereo system?

When you did these movies, do you happen to recall the setting in Fab’s audio choices that you accepted just before you started the rip?

Please advise.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

I am actually playing the .vob files directly from my computer using VLC media player. Every split .vob file has the same problem, as well as when I combine the .vob files. I then run a cable from my sound card to a stereo system. It has the 1/8th (or whatever it is) that plugs into my computer, and to go to my stereo it has the red and white ends. As for the audio options, I selected English Audio, and thats it.

I don’t have VLC installed so I can’t remember where you make the audio selection but all you need to do is change the audio track and it should work.

[QUOTE=mulletman1004;2311959]I am actually playing the .vob files directly from my computer using VLC media player. Every split .vob file has the same problem, as well as when I combine the .vob files. I then run a cable from my sound card to a stereo system. It has the 1/8th (or whatever it is) that plugs into my computer, and to go to my stereo it has the red and white ends. As for the audio options, I selected English Audio, and thats it.[/QUOTE]

Does your stereo have a digital audio connection? (either RCA plug - just 1, or an optical connection)? (If your stereo has matching red and white receptors for the red and white plugs, that’s an analog connection).

I believe the problem is that you are using an analog connection for a digital signal. (either that or see if your set top player can output an analog signal) you may be able to set that up in your DVD player’s setup option.

OC

:slight_smile: