Audio tracks and PC content on CDR?

Hi everyone,
On 1 CDROM , I want to put a software + some audio tracks. The goal is that on the PC, the user can access and install the software, and when the CD is removed from the PC and put in a stereo, he can listen to the music (burnt as .wav).

Is there any way to do this “hybrid CD” ?
I’m already doing Hybrid CD using from a Macintosh using Toast (PC user don’t see the Mac content and same thing for Mac users) so this would be basically another kind of hybrid CD…

Thanks for any hint, I have access to both PC software and Mac but would rather do this on my PC ( I mostly use Nero 5.5)

Mathias

Yep you can write both audio and data in one cd using nero. Just do a mixed mode cd (one of the options when clicking on “new compilation”).

The data will be written first, while the audio files will follow. Data will appear as track 1 on your stereo (silence).

Or write the audio to the cd, but don’t close it.
When finished you burn the data part to this cd (start multisession i think)
The advantage is that the data is unreadable for commen cd audio players so you wont get a awful lot of noise on the first track

Originally posted by Crowley
Or write the audio to the cd, but don’t close it.
When finished you burn the data part to this cd (start multisession i think)
The advantage is that the data is unreadable for commen cd audio players so you wont get a awful lot of noise on the first track

Have you actually tried this?

In order for this to work, i suppose one should first click on audio cd in new compilation to write the audio files (starting a multissesion cd at this point will write the audio files as data). Then one should continue by starting a new session, probably “start multisession” (using TAO and “don’t finalize”) in order to write the data files. This however would create a non standard cd, that most probably won’t be readable in any stereo.

This is actually a way to protect home made cds form being copied by applications such as nero or feurio. CDProtector uses this procedure.