Audio Sync issues with Vegas 4.0

Hey All:

I have a digital video on a Sony handycan that I put on my computer (using Gigapocket) as an MPEG-2 file. Giga pocket basically acts like a TIVO converting a video signal to an MPEG-2 file.

From there, I then imported it into Vegas 4.0 and edited it adding text overlays, fades ect. I then render the file as an MPEG-2 to be burnt to DVD using Click to DVD (by Sony). This is all on a VAIO computer.

However, once I get my MPEG-2 file, there is an Audio-Sync issue that occurs. As the movie plays, the audio becomes ahead of the video.

I read Chicken Man’s guide on how to fix this here:

(http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/59487.html)

which was very informative and easy to understand/follow. However, when I put the MPEG-2 file into TMPeg to seperate the audio from the video (audio=mp2 file and video = m1v file) using the simple de-multiplex tool the next step is to open the audio file in Goldwave. When I try to do this, Goldwave states that it does not recognize the audio file.

This is where I am stuck. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time…

Sincerely, Scott

“I put the MPEG-2 file into TMPeg to seperate the audio from the video (audio=mp2 file and video = m1v file)”

If itys an MPEG2 file, then TMPGenc will demux out the video as a *.m2v file, an m1v file is for MPEG1 only.

Your also not alone with audio sync probs with Vegas 4, this forum is riddled with many people having the same problem. Another good alternative is Ulead Video Studio 7.

As for GoldWave not loading in your audio file, hmm… never had that happen. Do you know what form the audio is in (or supose to be in)?