Audio SW

Hi.

Right now, for burning audio files I use: for 1:1 copies Clone CD and for mix albums or mp3 based Nero 5.5.9.17.
I was going through some posts regarding the gap analysis, offset, …, and became a bit curious: which is the best (if one can name the best one :slight_smile: ) software to burn audio files?
Feurio? EAC? Nero?
Which one has the best user-friendliness/wide range of options relation?

Many thanks.

Pilgrim

PS: If this topic was already posted, please send me the url to that thread. And sorry :).

CloneCD won’t give 1:1 copies better than EAC, Feurio, or whatever software…

Feurio? EAC? Nero?

Nero not.
(Aren’t you tired of having to remember to set 0 pauses between tracks and DAO mode?)

Feurio has the best drivers for burners and the best burning engine. That’s objective.

EAC seems that it can correct offset with samples accuracy (Feurio only sector accuracy), and theorically can confirm if extraction was perfect or not.

I prefer Feurio because is much faster extracting (and with C2-errors reporting drives I know if extraction was perfect), and the way projects are handled is perfect for me and very comfortable… also a fast (and simple editor).
And it checks for corrupted MP3s before burning. Nero cuts the song when burning.

@ pilgrim: if you still use your Hp,I would use Exact audio copy .there under links you could get info ´bout settings etc.And at Eac´s forum you would get alot of help if you encounter problems with your burnin´.

But using either EAC or Feurio means I’ll need to extract the tracks before burning? Can’t I make an image and burn it?

Thanks for the help.

Pilgrim.

I always use Nero to make backups of my audio.

EAC can make an image to hard disk and can then burn the imgae onto CD if I am not mistaken.

Feurio was more sepcifically designed for audio…

But stuff like this has been discussed several times before, wouldn’t hurt to use the search to learn more in this respect:

Fuerio - Why does everyone love it?
EAC or Fuerio alternative?

For copy protections, read this thread:
How to recognize and copy/rip protected audio cds

Originally posted by pilgrim
But using either EAC or Feurio means I’ll need to extract the tracks before burning? Can’t I make an image and burn it?

You can do it on the fly or with Image with Feurio CD-Writer -> CD Copy.
Just check “on the fly” or uncheck it to do it with Image.

“Copy index marks” is the same option as “Read subchannels” in Nero.

In this mode, Feurio has no advantage over Nero, except that it can remember the last settings and it’s faster to load and press buttons (and you can see the real burning speed with Feurio).

The problem with burning mp3’s to audio on-the-fly: Most mp3’s are in pretty poor shape. The only way to tell is to convert that mp3 to a wave file and look at the waveform. You can immediately see if the song is clipped, or if there are noise spikes, or if there is one and a half minutes of recorded silence at the end of the song. You can then clean up the file, normalize the volume on each tune, and then burn. I use Cool Edit, CDex, MP3Gain and Nero. Record with my lite-on 32x12x40, and get great audio disks. Quality takes time.

Originally posted by DarkEpoch
I use Cool Edit, CDex, MP3Gain and Nero. Quality takes time.

Quality takes time… and good software, not Nero.
Nero clips the end of MP3s.
Fortunately for Nero, MP3s files usually end in silence, so, sometimes only clips a bit of silence… but only sometimes… sometimes it removes part of sound…

Originally posted by minix
[B]

Nero clips the end of MP3s.
Fortunately for Nero, MP3s files usually end in silence, so, sometimes only clips a bit of silence… but only sometimes… sometimes it removes part of sound…

[/B]

Uncheck the box “remove silence at end of tracks”…and the problem should be solved

No, I mean Nero cuts music not only silence.
Burn a decompressed MP3 (in WAV) to a CD and you’ll see that it’s shorter than before, and not because of that option… if there is music until the end, it will be cut.

If you mean the last 0.013 seconds of each track, update your Nero, the bug was solved in version 5.5.7.8.

Well, I mean that MP3s files “decompressed” aren’t usually multiple of a CD sector (1 possibility out of 588), and Nero cuts the last samples until it fits in a 588 multiple.
Anybody with Nero can burn a WAV file not multiple of 588 samples and check that the song is shorter in the CD.