Audio Slipping

vbimport

Hi,

I have DVDFab 6.1.1.2 and found the audio progressively slips in about 10 to 15% of the projects both recent and old. This has been the case on releases as far back as 5.0

Why does this happen and can it be fixed? I’m using an ASUS P6T Deluxe MB with integrated audio.

Thanks,

[QUOTE=Bandalier;2450714]Hi,

I have DVDFab 6.1.1.2 and found the audio progressively slips in about 10 to 15% of the projects both recent and old. This has been the case on releases as far back as 5.0

Why does this happen and can it be fixed? I’m using an ASUS P6T Deluxe MB with integrated audio.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Please define ‘slipping’.

OC

:slight_smile:

The audio gets out of sync with the video. I’m copying the DVD to the HD then using DVD to Mobile to convert to WMV.

[QUOTE=Bandalier;2450801]The audio gets out of sync with the video. I’m copying the DVD to the HD then using DVD to Mobile to convert to WMV.[/QUOTE]
You are part of a select few that have been experiencing this issue. I can say though that DVDFab 5.1.2.2 does not have a sync issue but does have a 2 pass issue.

This also seems to only happen on certain titles my test DVD is Live Free Die Hard and as of yet only 5.1.2.2 will convert it with no sync issues.

I feel confident that this issue will be resolved but as stable as DVD to Mobile is it looks like resources are all allocated to BD.

Check out the mobile section you will find numerous threads and even some suggestions.

This is still an issue in 6.2.1.8 and the beta 6.2.2.0. Is there no way the developers can fix this?

BTW, how do you go about getting version 5.1.2.2? I have many but not this one. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Bandalier;2450801]The audio gets out of sync with the video. I’m copying the DVD to the HD then using DVD to Mobile to convert to WMV.[/QUOTE]
Is the audio in sync on the original backup copy?

Do you recall getting and ignoring a read error message(s) when you made that backup copy?

If both answers are yes, is it possible the read error message had to do with the audio sync issue, which didn’t become apparent until after using DVD to Mobile on the backup copy?

No, the movie on the HD is fine and plays great. It’s on the conversion to WMV that it “slips”. The audio starts out sync’d but then about 3/4 of the way begins to slip so the lips are moving for a brief time before the audio is heard. I have verified this issue with versions 4.1.2.0, 5.1.1.0, 5.2.2.2 6.1.1.0 and 6.1.2.5. Tried Vista and Win7. Changed the frame rate 3 times. Same story. Not all movies. I didn’t notice it until watching What Women Want. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2494129]Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t have much to offer, I’m afraid. I’ve only converted a few of my movies to wmv, and the only one that was out of sync was Star Trek XI. Right from the start. I got read error messages when I backed it up originally, but the backup played fine; so I wondered if the read error message had anything to do with the sync issue in the wmv version.

Anyone else? Would like additional thoughts as I am at an impasse.

Come on now, Fengtao, any help here? I have provided the movie name above. Can you take a look and see what’s up with the audio falling behind as the video progress’s? This is conversion from a DVD ripped to the Hard Drive then to a WMV file.

No love here? Are we just screwed on the WMV format then?

I have the exact same problem. I rip to the generic h264 mp4 format. Some movies are OK, others have the problem every time no matter what options I change:

Braveheart
Carlito’s Way
Commando

It’s super annoying to see someone’s lips move and hear their voice half a second later. It does seem to get progressively worse as the movie goes on.

I hate having to go through my ripped movies and watch each one closely to determine which I have to rerip. I wish it would just work the first time. NOTE: the above movies it happens EVERY time I rip them. I can find a crap ton more to add to the list, these are just the most recent.

Doesn’t appear that anyone from DVDFab is paying any attention to our issue. Anything would be better than nothing. Guess if it’s not a BR problem we are SOL…

Yes I guess so

I can also confirm that what happens is midway through the movie, there is an audio pop and a video stutter for a split second, and from then on the audio sync is totally screwed, running behind the video.

PS - issue does not occur when using handbrake to rip movies…

Handbrake doesn’t convert effectively to WMV. Neither does Fab for that matter. Hit or miss with NO support.

Yeah I convert to mp4 but I see your point. Handbrake doesn’t have an option to increase the audio volume which is why I don’t use that… but at least it doesn’t have the audio sync problem.

I opened a ticket with support. They said to upgrade to the beta version. I’ll see what that does, but probably nothing. If anyone else has decent ripping software to recommend, please let me know. I would use handbrake but it doesn’t allow audio volume increase and the rips always come out too quiet.

Latest beta version 3/5/2010 has the same problem. I’m trying Slysoft CloneDVD Mobile now as an alternative.