Audio settings for BB Storm?

DVD Fab DVD to Mobile is working great in creating Video for my Storm, but the audio on the Storm is choppy and basically unplayable. I’m creating the files with Handbrake, and then using Fab with the ‘generic’ setting and the conversion setting as mp4.h264.aac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated… :bow:

Rather than Generic choose Cell Phone and then under Conversion Settings you can make the update to use the Storm profile. Worked fine on my Storm, but I also dialed down the video quality to reduce the file size.

Thanks, JD. But what is the “Storm profile” you suggest?

Thanks a million.

Yes, I AM and idiot!! Just examined the cellphone settings and found that, voila, there’s one for the Storm. About to try it out, and will advise as to results. Thanks again.

When you select Cell Phone and click “Next” once the DVD loads there is a button in the lower right just above the Start button called “Conversion Settings”. If you click that there is a BlackBerry.Storm profile in the dropdown at the top of the screen.

“…but I also dialed down the video quality to reduce the file size…”

May I ask, though, what you dialed it down to?

Damn! Used those settings, and the video is great but the audio is the same. Choppy and unlistenable.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? I’m working with a file created with Handbrake. Audio settings in Handbrake are AAC, with a bitrate of 160kbs. The resultant file plays fine with DIVX. I then use DVD Fab to create the file for the Storm…

Yahoooooo! I DID it!! I believe that the problem lay in the use of Handbrake. Converting it directly from the .iso image through Fab, without creating an MP4 file with Handbrake, the result is perfect audio.

Thanks a million, jd, for pointing me in the correct direction. I’d still be floundering in the archives of this site had you not helped me out.

Still curious, though, to what level you “dialed down the video quality to reduce the file size.”

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2281060]Still curious, though, to what level you “dialed down the video quality to reduce the file size.”[/QUOTE]

Glad you’re running now! I semi-randomly went down to about 300M for a typical movie just to see how bad the compression artifacts are. On a computer screen the quality isn’t all that great, but on the Storm’s screen the quality is acceptable and I can store a lot more movies in the same space. As soon as they come out with a 1TB MicroSD card I’ll probably go back to the default settings :slight_smile:

^^^

Thanks, jd! I’ll give that setting a try.