Audio Sample rates

vbimport

I have a movie thats broken into 2 700 mb xvid files… when i tried to join them together using VirtualDub1.6.2…

i get a ‘VBR audio stream detected’… yadda yadda yadda… this may introduce up to 49011ms skew from the video… yadda yadda yadda… I click ok…

then try to append the 2nd cd and i get this message ’ Cannot append segement… The audio streams have different sampling rates…

So because of the first message i save the audio as a wav file (end up being about 75mb each disk) then compress the movie and wav file together… using divx encoder set at 856 bitrate…

After completing both disks I try to join the new files together and end up getting the second error as before… except this time I dont get the first error…

PLz someone help me to fix this…

Thx

Demux the audio files from both xvid files. Reencode both the audio files using winlame using same settings for both files and encode the at CBR not VBR. e.g 192k 48Kh CBR. Multiplex these rencoded files back into the xvid files and then try joining them up again

This is how I do it. there maybe other better ways of doing it but this always works for me.

You can always encode each xvid separately and put them on as two title sets on the dvd. Just set your disk size to 2200.

Hi QuazzieM,

What I would suggest is that you select Full Processing Mode for the Audio and select the same output format with the same output options(sampling rate, frequency etc.) selected for both avis’ in append mode. This should solve your problem.

Hope this helps.