Audio Recording Issue!

vbimport

#1

Let’s supose:

I have Bob Marley CD (Legend)
Exact Audio Copy
CloneCD
Nero

  1. What’s the BEST way to copy the CD with be Best CD-Quality to play on my car?

  2. What about this?

    a. Use EAC and make .mp3 files of Legend CD Then;
    Burn a new CD with Nero?
    b. Use CloneCD and copy CD to CD?
    c. Burn Directly from CD to CD with EAC?
    d. Your opnion.
    e. I have no ideia! I need help on this too!

Thank you Guys, once again! :slight_smile:


#2

I would use Feurio! and make a cd image and burn that. I have had the best results for playing in automobile cd players with Feurio!With the software you have now I would use CloneCD, Either way use best possible media.


#3

Hi xspdr.With what do you read and with what do you burn?/gs


#4

DiscJuggler and Nero will both do 48K. The Nero Pro plugin enables CD-DA quality MP3s while DJ just does it. I go for 192 and get between 8-12 MB for MP3.

In most cases EAC and Feurio! are just too fiddly


#5

If your cd is in excellent shape and you have a reader AND writer separately and aren’t too fussy about THE BEST way to copy music use whatever program has a “on the fly” or cd to cd recording command…Do it at 12x speed or so…

If you’re gonna archive, put it to your hard drive(moderate speed) at maximum error correction then burn to disc at 8x or so…


#6

Originally posted by joelmon
[B]If your cd is in excellent shape and you have a reader AND writer separately and aren’t too fussy about THE BEST way to copy music use whatever program has a “on the fly” or cd to cd recording command…Do it at 12x speed or so…

If you’re gonna archive, put it to your hard drive(moderate speed) at maximum error correction then burn to disc at 8x or so… [/B]
Hey joelmon, he’s after “Best CD-Quality”, so he possibly is fussy. What’s with the 12x recommendation? What calculation produced that bit rate? Are we on CAV or CLV on a particular device at that bit delivery rate? Does partial or zone matter? You just can’t say that 12x is recommended, the only possibly valid recommendation is 8x or slower, which is based on laser wavelengths, diffusion, wattage and bit rate.

And what the heck is “maximum error correction”? Is this some sort of sliding scale thing? Gee, there’s a bit lightening tonight, I’ll just ratchet the ECC up tonight.


#7

Originally posted by bibs & bobs
[B]DiscJuggler and Nero will both do 48K. The Nero Pro plugin enables CD-DA quality MP3s while DJ just does it. I go for 192 and get between 8-12 MB for MP3.

In most cases EAC and Feurio! are just too fiddly [/B]

Never heard Feurio! being called fiddly. What might that be ?
I don’t think he wants mp3s.


#8

AFAIK, Legend isn’t copyprotected (at least, my copy isn’t… I bought it about about 8 years ago -no protections back then-) so you can use any program you want.

If your hardware can handle it, an on the fly copy wouldn’t be a problem at all. Ofcourse you can rip the files to your harddisk first. The slower the read speed is you use, the smaller the chance of all kinds of faults (clicks etc) gets.


#9

Thanks for all your post’s folks!

I got:
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1612
LITE-ON 40x12x48

Let’s supose I have any program I want, what’s the best way to backup Legend to play on my car?
Best Sound Quality!!

Thanks once again :slight_smile:


#10

Originally posted by bibs & bobs
[B]Hey joelmon, he’s after “Best CD-Quality”, so he possibly is fussy. What’s with the 12x recommendation? What calculation produced that bit rate? Are we on CAV or CLV on a particular device at that bit delivery rate? Does partial or zone matter? You just can’t say that 12x is recommended, the only possibly valid recommendation is 8x or slower, which is based on laser wavelengths, diffusion, wattage and bit rate.

And what the heck is “maximum error correction”? Is this some sort of sliding scale thing? Gee, there’s a bit lightening tonight, I’ll just ratchet the ECC up tonight. [/B]

Well the guy sounded like he didn’t know much about recording discs…I’m no expert, but for the car what’ wrong with 12x?? I was just balancing speed with quality…Personally I burn MY Archives at 4x from the harddrive, and quick copies for remote playing at 8x. Seems most people here are so hung up on ultra-speed, ie:40x +, I picked a conservative 12x for a recommendation…

I use Plextools and the recordings are CLV, the reading is either of my choice, CAV or CLV(I rip at 4-10x CAV, conservative). The “maximum error correction” is a Plextools feature that allows ripper to adjust the speed of reading automatically upon errors found and the amount of times to read it, and to find sectors and bytes to fix the uncorrectable errors with adjacent information…Several variables are possible. It’s a great feature…I don’t know if other software has these types of controls, but Plextools does…

So how picky do you want to be for something to play in a car??


#11

Originally posted by bibs & bobs
Hey joelmon, he’s after “Best CD-Quality”, so he possibly is fussy. What’s with the 12x recommendation? What calculation produced that bit rate? Are we on CAV or CLV on a particular device at that bit delivery rate? Does partial or zone matter? You just can’t say that 12x is recommended, the only possibly valid recommendation is 8x or slower, which is based on laser wavelengths, diffusion, wattage and bit rate.

i’m not aware of any burner that writes 12x at anything but CLV, so i don’t see the need for these questions.


#12

@ xspdr :if I were you I would use Eac to rip those disc´s and Lame for converting them to Mp3´s.Shurley others would have other opinions./gs.


#13

Originally posted by AZImmortal

…so i don’t see the need for these questions.

…thta’s because reading and writing speeds seem to be a pluck, so I’m glad you’ve commented :wink:


#14

a pluck? :confused:


#15

Aussie idiom - pluck from one’s arse, a bare ass guess, the first thing that comes to one’s mind


#16

Originally posted by gene_simmons
@ xspdr :if I were you I would use Eac to rip those disc´s and Lame for converting them to Mp3´s.Shurley others would have other opinions./gs.

Why convert to MP3? !!!
He’s asking for the best way to make a perfect copy, so he should use WAV all the time.

@ xspdr: To make the best CD-quality, you have to care about writing quality: good burner and good media.
Software doesn’t matter. All programs are able to rip exactly if the CD is in good condition and the reader is good enough.

Of course, don’t use CloneCD unless you know it can make perfect copies with your hardware.

To burn directly you can’t use EAC. Anyway, the info in an image will be exactly the same as in the WAVs or doing on the fly copying (there are more risks this way).
EAC is very good to detect reading errors if you know how to configure it.


#17

[B]Most of CD’s that I have compressed with EAC appears “sync error”, but sometimes occours other kind of errors… what’s it? and, what should i do to compress a Full CD without any error?

usually, every 15tracks that i compress, only 12 works properly, but when i listen the original cd on the computer, all the tracks sounds Perfect!

Is there any profile for me to download or what’s my problem?[/B]

Thank you once again!!


#18

sync error means that the CD was quite bad, and there were probably errors when reading.
You have to make sure that EAC is properly configured. Accurate Stream, cache audio, and no c2 errors should work well with any modern drive.
It’s also usual that errors in a track aren’t audible.


#19

-just use EAC (afther you calibrated your drive for accurate results; use the wizard)
-make an image (mp3 is loss of quality)…
-burn the image with what ever…(lower the speed to 4x or so)
(EAC itself can burn it, mostly i use Feurio)

ps…@minix
-cache in the drive that reads the disk is not a good thing when using audio discs
-EAC can burn…on many drives (tools->write cd)

@xpsdr;

-what do you use to compress in EAC??
-do you have the sync problem with that disk also in Nero??
(please try that with this; http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/)


#20

Originally posted by damiandimitri
-cache in the drive that reads the disk is not a good thing when using audio discs

mmm… I’m not sure, but if you select “drive caches audio” then the drive always tries to flush that cache. If your drive really caches audio it’s perfect. If your drive doesn’t cache you only lose time. If you don’t select that option and your drive does cache, EAC won’t work correctly, AFAIK.

Are there suspicious positions?