Audio Protection of copyright

After an exhaustive search of a couple of audio tracks my daughter wanted to make into youtube videos with background music, karaoke style. Seems theres a new embedding process being used that generates a pulse every 2 seconds for a period of around 50ms at the tone the music is currently playing at.

Took a while to dig it out and find out why Youtube rejected the upload, accepted the video and stripped the audio out of it.

Simple way round it is either dekey or upkey the track slightly to throw the timing of the pulses out.

Difficult way round it is to find the pulses using the noise reduction software they stick out like saw thumbs on the display, sound forge etc, reduce the volume of the pulse to match the track, normalise it and bob is a relative after a while of work.

Yes this is my first post, anyone wants to start flaming me, dont worry the only time I post anything is when its something useful to know and I dont bother with the “Its in the wrong forum” or “lol” or "You shouldnt be doing that " type replies just to get ratings.

Got something useful to add please do, if not then silence is golden and saves on server space.:cool: