Audio protection list

vbimport

All right.

First of all, I didn’t know in which forum I should place this so I choose this one.

Moderators feel free to move this thread to any forum if you think this is the wrong one.

We all know where to find alist of games and their protections.

But where can I find such a list for audio CD’s??

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]All right.

First of all, I didn’t know in which forum I should place this so I choose this one.

Moderators feel free to move this thread to any forum if you think this is the wrong one.

We all know where to find alist of games and their protections.

But where can I find such a list for audio CD’s?? [/B]

i dont think thats worth the trouble. Audio is a limiting factor in copy protection, because the protection must not change the original sound. Most forms consist either out of CD-EXTRA, Corrupted TOC or corrupted error correction information.

greetz

Well I ask this because I have 3 CD’s (box) of the Rolling Stones.

ClonyXXL, Yaps and Scout couldn’t find any protection.

I used CloneCD for copying, but it resulted in a coaster. :frowning: :a :frowning: .

When I inserted the CD and used EAC it showed the tracks.

One of the columns of EAC (in the track overview) is called Copy Protection. And in this column after all tracks it said: Yes.

So I think these CD’s are copy protected, but I don’t know with what kind of protection (it isn’t mentioned on the disc or label) it has.

That’s why I think it’s handy to have a list with Audio-CD’s and their protections just like there is one of games.

So does anyone know if there is such a list (link, link, :bow: :bow: )?

If this list doesn’t exsist, can everyone mail me their audio-CD’s with the used protection. I will make such a list for public use.

I am currently compiling a list of protected audio titles.
It is most likely to be some form of Cactus protection. You should be able to find out if your album is protected by doing a search in google.

Bulk could you share that audio list with me (and maybe all the others)?

I tried Google, but couldn’t find anything (a lot about the Cd’s, but nothing about the protection).

Bulk could you share that audio list with me (and maybe all the others)?
Its not ready yet. Did you try the link I posted in the other thread?

[B]Well I ask this because I have 3 CD’s (box) of the Rolling Stones.

ClonyXXL, Yaps and Scout couldn’t find any protection.

I used CloneCD for copying, but it resulted in a coaster. :frowning: :a :frowning: .

When I inserted the CD and used EAC it showed the tracks.

One of the columns of EAC (in the track overview) is called Copy Protection. And in this column after all tracks it said: Yes.

So I think these CD’s are copy protected, but I don’t know with what kind of protection (it isn’t mentioned on the disc or label) it has.

That’s why I think it’s handy to have a list with Audio-CD’s and their protections just like there is one of games.

So does anyone know if there is such a list (link, link, :bow: :bow: )?

If this list doesn’t exsist, can everyone mail me their audio-CD’s with the used protection. I will make such a list for public use. [/B]

Don’t use clonecd to copy copy-protected audio cd’s. Whatever settings you use clonecd fails in copying them properly. Use EAC instead, it rips virtually every audio cd and it doesnt matter which protection it is.

greetz

So I think these CD’s are copy protected, but I don’t know with what kind of protection
The “Copy Protection” column in EAC has nothing to do with newer copy protection schemes such as Cactus Data Shield and KeyAudio that violate the Red Book standards. Instead, it simply refers to the value of the Q-channel subcode “Copy Permit” control bit, which is a part of the Red Book standard.

When this bit is set to one copying of the corresponding track is permitted, when cleared to zero copying is prohibited. However, this is really more of a suggestion, since the disc contains no way to actually enforce the prohibition. It relies on the device that is reading the disc to refuse to copy if the bit is not set. Naturally, this bit is roundly ignored.

Of course, this doesn’t help with your more general question, but I thought it might at least clear up one specific point.

cfitz

Thanks for all the replies.

I used EAC to make a working copy. :bow:

I used an ASUS 5224A to read and write.

@Bulk, Yep tried your link and didn’t helped (see other thread).

Still I have a few questions:

1. Are these CD’s protected or not (Rolling Stones singles collection the london years)??
  2. Why did CloneCD fail (wether or not the CD’s are protected)?
  3. Where can I find a well-organized database with audio-CD’s and their protections? Bulk I’m waiting for your file!! :bow: