Audio Program recommendations?

Okay…what I am looking for is software, where I can make my own audio CDs, but make a “mix” CD of sorts. Lemme explain…(pretty much DJ software I guess, but I am not a “DJ” by any means)…

What I’d like is to be able to take two tracks, and putting them together, I’d like the beat of song 1 to either speed up or slow down to the beat of song 2 and smoothly transition in. Then after doing that, I’d take song 3 and do the same (at the end of song 2 of course) and so on and so forth, so I end up with a “seamless” audio track when I finally burn it to my Audio CD…

What’s the best software? What’s the cheapest which will do this? (I ask that since the best and the cheapest are usually not the same)…

Please keep in mind I don’t do “DJ’ing” but really like making my own mixes…so please don’t suggest software that costs $500 or something since I am not going to buy it just to accomplish that goal of combining songs into on mix track…

Thanks in advance for your time and any replies! :bow:

You might give audacity a try . . .

Nero has the option to cross fade, but if that’s too simple do a search on google for mp3 DJ apps or something.

You can fork up some cash and always buy a pro app like Pro Tools that will do just about anything. Pro Tools is what 99% of CD mastering engineers use for CDs you buy but it comes at a price :frowning:

Thank you for the replies thus far…

bob, I’ll give Audacity a “look-see”, thanks…

hqs, as I stated, I wasn’t looking to spend loads of cash just for the ability to blend songs…it’s definitely not worth a thousand or more (let alone $400)…but I found “Pro Tools FREE” which I might look at as well: http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/

Anyone else?

I don’t think Pro Tools Free lets you save and it’s just software. But I am not sure about that?

A friend of mine who is a professional Mastering Engineer purchased some Pro Tools on ebay for about $300ish, it is hardware + software and usually only runs on a MAC.

Pro Tools has an entire line, they used to have some versions for consumers $500ish but now I am pretty sure it’s just corp $10K +

Sorry I can’t help much more as I don’t know enough about them :frowning:

You may want to try Adobe Addition it is free for 30 days www.adobe.com and isn’t extremly expensive, it has all kind of multi track features and optional plugins for like Wavs Gold etc.

Audacity might be able to help you out (as mentioned above), and it’s free :slight_smile:

Try to see if there’s a demo version of Traktor… I know that would do what you’re looking for, though:

1. I don’t know if there’s a demo version – Google a bit.
  2. I don’t know the limitations (able to save? limits on time?)