Audio problems using ProCoder 2

Hi all, having a problem with Canopus ProCoder 2 and hoping you could help me out with it. I’m trying to convert a .avi (HD 720p with 7.1 surround sound) file to .wmv (HD 720p with 7.1 surround sound). For some reason, it converts the video just fine, but I’m not getting any audio at all. This is my process when starting the converting:

1. In the Source section, I select my .avi source file I want to convert.
  2. In the Traget section, I select “Add” and in the list I select “WindowsMedia” and then “WindowsMedia - HD - 720p (7.1 Audio)”. I then select “OK” and add it to my Target section.
  3. I then go to the Convert section and press the “Convert” button.

It takes about 15 hours or so to convert the video and it looks like it converts the video fine, but I get no audio. I’ve also tried “WindowsMedia - HD - 720p” and “WindowsMedia - HD - 720p (5.1 Audio)” but no luck with either as well. Am I missing a step? Why am I not getting any audio?

Nobody else has popped in, so I will.

I only have Procoder Express. Does your version need a plugin for encoding this type of sound? Does your system have the correct codec for playback of this type? Have you tried converting the AVI to any other supported video type with multichannel sound?

I don’t do much WMV encoding, but wouldn’t it be better to mux in the original 7.1 audio from the .avi to your new WMV file? A quick search shows WME9 having a stream editor that might do this. Surely there is a freeware WMV de/muxer out there.