Audio problem

Can audio be relayed through a USB connection, or does this drive need an audio cable connected from it to the computer? I ask because i have tried to play it on my computer but get no sound. I installed the software into my windows xp desktop i then put the DVD into the SuperSlim DVD writer and it played fine but i couldnt hear anything. I checked to see if maybe my speakers were the problem but they good. I played the DVD on my laptop and it worked fine. What can i check to fix this problem?

What sofrtware did you install? What media player are you using to play the DVD from the external drive? Your audio problem doesn’t have
anything to do with usb. I would double check the audio settings of your media player software and the sound settings in Control Panel.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2458607]What sofrtware did you install? What media player are you using to play the DVD from the external drive? Your audio problem doesn’t have
anything to do with usb. I would double check the audio settings of your media player software and the sound settings in Control Panel.[/QUOTE]

I installed Nero 8. I tried using Nero 8 to play it but no sound came out. I also tried using Windows media player but i got a message that said i didnt have the proper decoder or something like that. I checked the audio settings and couldnt find anything.

Try this media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. I don’t use any Nero product or WMP.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2458622]Try this media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. I don’t use any Nero product or WMP.[/QUOTE]

Alright. thank you. i will try them. I just used Nero 8 because it came with the iomega portable so i figured that it was necessary to use Nero in order to play DVDs. Do you know how i would fix the decoder problem?

[QUOTE=al1990;2458626]Alright. thank you. i will try them. I just used Nero 8 because it came with the iomega portable so i figured that it was necessary to use Nero in order to play DVDs. Do you know how i would fix the decoder problem?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t install Nero just to play a DVD, it’s totally unnecessary. As for the missing codecs you can download something like K-lite codec pack, there are others, but if you use VLC you don’t need anything extra to play your DVD. If you don’t like the look/feel of VLC you can try KMPlayer