Audio Problem

I’ve been watching movies that are on my hard drive, and it has been working fine, for some reason, when I went to watch one today, the audio was playing faster than the video and quickly got minutes ahead. But, whenever I click on the timeline where the marker is, the audio and video realign. Also, movies that worked before now show this problem too, so I know its something with the actual media players. I’ve tried Realplayer, Windows media player, and Nero Showtime, but all of them show the same problem.

Any solutions?

I didn’t see any “Edit” button so I guess I gotta post again.

I made a revelation this morning about what’s wrong. I know its pretty stupid to confuse the two but I played the same movie this morning and I realised that the audio sounded fine and wasnt speeded up. It was really the video that was slowed down.

If a mod could move this thread to the appropriate forum, I’d appreciate it. Sorry for the mistake.

any new program, or codecs installed before it started playing funny? also, are you doing other things in the background to use up your cpu???