Audio problem while burning dvds

vbimport

Ok, I have tons if .avi files (all legal copies. ) on my computer. Recently, I’ve tried burning them to dvd to play on my home dvd player, since now I can do so.

I’m using ImToo avi to dvd converter, because its easy, and relatively fast.

It works fine, and I get a playable dvd, it just has one problem. Usually after a few minutes of playing, the audio gets out of sync with the video. Its usually never by more than 3 or 4 seconds, but enough to be noticed, and its annoying. The weird thing is, if I pause the dvd for a second, the audio is synced back up, albeit only for a few minutes, then it gets wacky again.

I really dont know of any other good (read: free) dvd converters/burners, and from what I hear, that might be the problem. So any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to CDF’s:

I’m thinking DVDFlick will work?

I just use my cheap DIVX/DVD player instead of the converting method. It will play anything and everything.

[quote=Bob;2029904]Welcome to CDF’s:

I’m thinking DVDFlick will work?

I just use my cheap DIVX/DVD player instead of the converting method.[/quote]

Well i am in the market for a new dvd player, any suggestions on dvd players (hopefully around 50 bucks or so) that will play .avi’s right off of a disk without converting them and all that?

I have a RCA DRC285. It’s not the greatest but it will play anything. I got mine at K-Mart for $70 usd.

It plays PAL and NTSC. MP3’s on DVD’s etc…AVI’s on CD’s and DVD’s. It has a USB port on it for thumb drives or external HDD’s.

[quote=Bob;2029908]I have a RCA DRC285. It’s not the greatest but it will play anything. I got mine at K-Mart for $70 usd.

It plays PAL and NTSC. MP3’s on DVD’s etc…AVI’s on CD’s and DVD’s. It has a USB port on it for thumb drives or external HDD’s.[/quote]

Works for me, I’ll look there tomorrow (since I work at one).

Otherwise, I also found this on eBay, and its cheap, and it has a HDMI -

[B]Like NEW Pioneer DV-400V-K DVD Player [/B]
[B]w/ HD Upconversion [/B]
[B]DVD/MP3/CD/DivX Xvid AVI Player[/B]
[B]Plays DVD video, Video CD, MP3 disc, WMA disc, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/DVD±RW, [/B]

Up to you.

bump… dont wanna get a new dvd player, and I changed the options and it still didnt work…

sooo…

Any other advice?

[QUOTE=JoeDissolvo;2029896]Ok, [B]I have tons if .avi files (all legal copies. ) [/B]on my computer. Recently, I’ve tried burning them to dvd to play on my home dvd player, since now I can do so.

I’m using ImToo avi to dvd converter, because its easy, and relatively fast.

It works fine, and I get a playable dvd, it just has one problem. Usually after a few minutes of playing, the audio gets out of sync with the video. Its usually never by more than 3 or 4 seconds, but enough to be noticed, and its annoying. The weird thing is, if I pause the dvd for a second, the audio is synced back up, albeit only for a few minutes, then it gets wacky again.

I really dont know of any other good (read: free) dvd converters/burners, and from what I hear, that might be the problem. So any expertise would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Then use the original discs from your “legal copies”!