Audio out of synch towards the end of MP4

vbimport

I converted a dvd (just VIDEO_TS on it folder with vob files) to mp4 using the default settings in fabdvd dvd to mobile.

The resultant mp4 is quite large and long (1.5GB, 3hrs) and from around 3/4 the way through, the sound goes out of synch with the picture. At what point and to what degree is pretty consistent on each play and with different players, so I guess it’s actually in the data. By the end I’m guessing it’s about 6 - 7 seconds out.

I was working on the laptop while the file was being written. Does any one have experience of this. Could it be purely an issue with the length of the file? Or could it have something to do with the performance of the laptop while I was running the conversion?

I am surprised that it happened at all because I would have thought the sound and picture were kinda mathematically linked by the way in which the data was encoded in the vob files and in the mp4, but then again I don’t really know anything about this.

Any help or advice on how to correct / avoid this in the future would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

[QUOTE=hardya;2517758]I converted a dvd (just VIDEO_TS on it folder with vob files) to mp4 using the default settings in fabdvd dvd to mobile.

The resultant mp4 is quite large and long (1.5GB, 3hrs) and from around 3/4 the way through, the sound goes out of synch with the picture. At what point and to what degree is pretty consistent on each play and with different players, so I guess it’s actually in the data. By the end I’m guessing it’s about 6 - 7 seconds out.

I was working on the laptop while the file was being written. Does any one have experience of this. Could it be purely an issue with the length of the file? Or could it have something to do with the performance of the laptop while I was running the conversion?

I am surprised that it happened at all because I would have thought the sound and picture were kinda mathematically linked by the way in which the data was encoded in the vob files and in the mp4, but then again I don’t really know anything about this.

Any help or advice on how to correct / avoid this in the future would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.[/QUOTE]

Hi hardya

I may not be much help because I have never had a V/A sync issue with DVDFab…

What movie title did you convert ? also did you rip to the hard drive first using DVD to DVD(saving to HDD) and convert from there or did you use DVD to Mobile letting it rip and convert ?

BTW…When you do a conversion it takes or needs as much CPU resources as possible so using the system during the process is not always a good idea.