Audio Optimized Write - Pioneer DVD Drive

vbimport

I will say frankly but I discovered this function only recently, and apart from that is acting great more I am knowing nothing.
Whether somebody perhaps has some information or materials concerning action of this option in Japanese versions Pioneer DVD?
He is appearing in versions Pioneer DVR-117J \ DVR-217J \DVR-S17J

Platinum CD-R Plasmon 97m27s18f
Pioneer DVR-117J fw.1.10
Nero 2017 x Audio Optimized Write

He is adjusting the speed of the record and an Audio Optimized Write function is changing

Traxdata CD-R Pro-series Ritek 97m15s17f Made in China
Pioneer DVR-S17J-SV fw.1.10
NERO 2015 x Audio Optimized Write

Interesting feature. Thanks for sharing the details with us. I wonder if any other drives from other manufactures have something similar.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=sengork;2783229]Interesting feature. Thanks for sharing the details with us. I wonder if any other drives from other manufactures have something similar.

[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that more extended such a function is only still in Pioneer BDR-S09J-X.

Also very much weak Verbatim CD-R Extra Protection Chinese from CMC China recorded very well…

Verbatim CD-R CMC 97m26s66f Made in China
Pioneer DVR-217JBK fw.1.10
NERO 2017 x Audio Optimized Write

A bit of dumps and tested pieces of rubbish - plate for which I am not able practically to use - practically on nothing it is possible for her to record…
For comparison record on LG LG GH24NS95 fw.RN02 \ Nero 2015 x16

Pioneer repeatedly stopped the recording, stood up, thought changed placing and speed of the record, changed the power of the laser- on the plate vast quantities of signs of changes of shades and circles after this operation… but got by

MediaRange CD-R AUDIO 97m17s09f MBI India
Pioneer DVR-217J fw.1.10

Entire wrapping up 50 pieces with huge manufacturing flaws \ \ many drives are stopping the recording with mistake in the moment of reaching places with defects on recorded layer.

Verbatim CD-R AZO Printable 97m34s23f
Pioneer DVR-217J fw.1.10

Maxell CD-R MBI 97m17s06f Made in India

Very weak qualitatively Maxell CD-R from MBI India

Samsung Pleomax CD-R Pro-Disc 97m32s19f Made in Tajwan
Pioneer DVR-117J fw.1.10
Nero 2017 x Audio Optimized Write

Next tested CD-R carrier from my dump unusable…

TDK CD-R x52 Music Printable 97m15s05f
Pioneer DVR-217J fw.1.10
ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 x Audio Optimized Write

CMCPro Primera CD-R TuffCoat Printable 97m24s01f
Opti Drive Control x Audio Optimized Write -

PlexDisc CD-R Printable Inkjet Matt CMC 97m26s66f
Pioneer DVR-117J fw.1.10
Opti Drive Control x Audio Optimized Write

Found another Japanese model that supports “Audio Optimized Write”

I have a DVR-217L (FW 1.10, flashed from DVR-217FBK) and would like to try Audio Optimized Write. Could you please tell me where to download

• version 1.0298 of DRVTool (all I can find is version 1.02)
  • your version of Pioneer Drive Utility (can’t find an appropriate version at all)

Thank you very much.

[QUOTE=oneplusone101;2787576]I have a DVR-217L (FW 1.10, flashed from DVR-217FBK) and would like to try Audio Optimized Write. Could you please tell me where to download

• version 1.0298 of DRVTool (all I can find is version 1.02)
  • your version of Pioneer Drive Utility (can’t find an appropriate version at all)

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

DVRTool beta versions are not available. Not long to be released in a version with GUI enabled and Audio Optimized Write.
In the case of Pioneer Drive Utility software is needed version 1.22 suitable for Pioneer DVR-S17J.

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2787632]DVRTool beta versions are not available. Not long to be released in a version with GUI enabled and Audio Optimized Write.
In the case of Pioneer Drive Utility software is needed version 1.22 suitable for Pioneer DVR-S17J.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Great to hear that DVRTool 1.0298 (or later) will be released soon. I can see here and on cdrinfo.pl that you use v1.0298 for quite a while now. So I hope “not too long” won’t be too long. :wink:

Pioneer Drive Utility (v122): I know the pioneer web page for DVR-S17J, but can’t find a link to the utility. Actually all I can find are versions for BD drives. Maybe I should improve my Japanese. Can’t find it here on MYCE or on cdrinfo.pl either.
It would be great if you or anybody who cares could provide a download link or a descripton where to find version 1.22. - Thanks again.

Some things in this GUI still don’t work as should. I’ve planned to release the GUI version in december, but some weird glitches were found, so I’m rewriting the Settings dialog completely with the different approach (including the new settings dialog design). Please wait a bit more before I complete it. Very few things are left to be done. :wink:

I esteem your effort, blackened2687. Your optical drive tables are essential for my Ebay hunts. So please take your time with the next version of DRVTool . I’m sure it will be terrific.

Still looking for Pioneer Drive Utility (v122) and hoping that czary2mary1 or anyone else who uses it could provide a link or an upload here on MYCE. Thanks and спасибо.

A patched Pioneer Drive Utility 1.18 could be used, if you want Audio Optimized Write mode on DVR-S17. :wink:

I’ve changed few bytes in it, and now it should work with DVR-S17 drives instead of DVR-117J/217J.

[B]@blackened2687[/B]
Is the version Pioneer Drive Utility 1.22 was released by Pioneer somewhere?
Is it only added to the album version BOX Pioneer DVR-S17J?

[B]@[/B][B]oneplusone101[/B]
What will the problems of the modernized version Pioneer Drive Utility 1.18 in action with Audio Optimized Write on the Pioneer DVR-217L fw.1.10 to report back to try to litter you versions for DVR-S17J