Audio not coming out of the right speakers

vbimport

I have just built a PC from scratch all with brand new components and parts. I have a Gigabyte GA EP35 DS4 motherboard with on-board sound. I installed the drivers for HD audio which were on the CD and configured it to play sound from the optical output. My surround sound system is a bit dated but still working fine. I’m using a Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700 setup and never had any problems at all with it.

The sound only seems to coming out of the subwoofer (the software thinks it’s one of the front speakers) and one of the front speakers. There’s no sound coming through the rear or centre speakers.

I have just swapped to Digital DIN connection and now I’m not getting any sound at all. The rear panel at the back of the computer is for analogue inputs, but these are the only connections that will take the Digital DIN jack.

Very confused!!!

Did you do the sound test that came with software? Also did you update all drivers? Also can you list the specs of your system and OS?

Are you sure you have read the manual to it’s entirety?

I did the sound test using the software, which is when I found which speakers were producing sound.

My setup is as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 CPU
Gigabyte GA EP35 DS4 Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 3850 Video Card
4gb RAM
500gb Hard Drive
Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700 Surround Sound System

Sorry i don’t have any experience with your setup.

Hopefully someone else has and can help you.