Audio lag using DVDFab Platinum

vbimport

I have just bought DVD FAb Platimum (yesterday version 4.0) because i wanted to convert a short home made DVD to WMV format. 5 minutes long.

You can imagine my disappointemnt after paying for this, and then i see a time lag between the audio and picture.

Has there been a fix to this yet?

Disappointed,
Dave

Update:
I downloaded the 4.0.6.5 Beta version and again tried to DVD to Mobile selecting the Xbox 360 this time to output to WMV format.

Appeared to convert ok. But there is still this time lag between the audio and visual.

Failing a fix from the DVD Fab developers, can anyone else suggest how i could convert this 5 minute DVD to a format i can load it into Windows Movie maker.

The DVD was originally filed on Mini DV and then professionally edited and shown on TV. It was recorded from the TV onto a DVD disc.

I want to add some titles with background audio to the end of the DVD, and then put it up on uTube.

I am a beginner using these applications.

Thanks,
Dave

[QUOTE=burrenyoga;2009344]Update:
I downloaded the 4.0.6.5 Beta version and again tried to DVD to Mobile selecting the Xbox 360 this time to output to WMV format.

Appeared to convert ok. But there is still this time lag between the audio and visual.

Failing a fix from the DVD Fab developers, can anyone else suggest how i could convert this 5 minute DVD to a format i can load it into Windows Movie maker.

The DVD was originally filed on Mini DV and then professionally edited and shown on TV. It was recorded from the TV onto a DVD disc.

I want to add some titles with background audio to the end of the DVD, and then put it up on uTube.

I am a beginner using these applications.

Thanks,
Dave[/QUOTE]

I have given up on DVDFab for now due to the sync issues.

I have been successful converting my non-encrypted DVDs to many formats using the following tools"

Nero Recode3 - I own this
HandBrake - Free app, very good
AVIDEMUX - Free app, very good (do not let the name fool you)

Good luck.

DVDFab Platimum introduces a time lag when trying to convert DVD format to some other formats such as MPG, AVI. There may be other formats where it introduces a time lag.

This is a known problem with DVD Fab Platinum and imo a very serious drawback to this application.

It is not just dependant on the particular movie you are converting, but rather the conversion process itslf.

Ok, some specific movies will convert ok, but this seems like attaching sellotape to try to fix a major problem in this application.

After much investigation, including emailing the author of DVDFab, i was told they are working on it…

Still not fixed.

I gave up, and used an Application which realy works… and is free…
DVDx

Don’t waste your time trying to get DVD Fab to work until a fix is released to fix this audio time lag problem when converting formats.

Dave

A. Please do not double post and:-
B Do you work for them?

I am disappointed as well, after paying for this software and upgrading to the latest version i have the audio lag. Worked perfectly fine when it was free but now lagging issues are frustrating me and i have gone back to my old (free) method.
Andre

Hi Greg,
Apologies about double posting.

I guess before i paid for the platimum version i browsed this Forum and saw nothing but great things being said about DVD Fab, so i felt confident buying this product.

I guess my double posting about this issue was due to my frustration levels, and that it is that it is a very serious drawback of the application, and it is not clearly described to new buyers.

And this problem has been reported to the development team for over a year and still no fix.

No i am a relative newbie, and do not work for DVDx.

If DVDx can get the convert to work ok with no audio time lag, (and i guess other applications too) why can’t DVD Fab get it sorted out?

Dave

[QUOTE=burrenyoga;2026147]Hi Greg,
Apologies about double posting.

I guess before i paid for the platimum version i browsed this Forum and saw nothing but great things being said about DVD Fab, so i felt confident buying this product.

I guess my double posting about this issue was due to my frustration levels, and that it is that it is a very serious drawback of the application, and it is not clearly described to new buyers.

And this problem has been reported to the development team for over a year and still no fix.

No i am a relative newbie, and do not work for DVDx.

If DVDx can get the convert to work ok with no audio time lag, (and i guess other applications too) why can’t DVD Fab get it sorted out?

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave,

Firstly, thanks for your courteous reply and I do understand your frustration. I am sure that Ting (The Mobile DVD Fab Man) is just as frustrated as you with this.

I use most other profiles other than iPod as I have a real thing against Apple and would not own one. That said, I do not have any audio sync probs with the profiles I use.

What I suggest that should happen is that you set up a real test case rather than saying that it just doesn’t work and let Ting follow it through.

EG:

I am using iPod Model xxx
I am encoding DVD xxxx, region x, barcode xxxxxxxx
I am using profile xyz with the following settings:-

Bitrate
Volume
Size

etc, etc

This way Ting has something tangible to work with.

BTW: a commonality thay I have seen through threads such as yours makes me suspicious of the volume adjustment. Do me a favour and try something at 100% only.

Regards, Greg

Hi Greg,
A professional cameraman shot some video (with audio) onto a Mini DV tape.

I wanted to edit some of this video, add some titles and a few stills and also some audio at the end of the edited video, and then put it up on Utube.

I know very little about all this stuff, so a camera shop converted the Mini DV onot a DVD disc for me.

And then i used DVD Shrink to cut out a piece of the DVD to play with. Then i had a Video_TS directory with a few files in it.

At this stage, video and audio still in synch.

Then i wanted to convert the DVD clip inot some format where i could import into Windows Movie Maker and play with it.

So i used DVD Fab Platimum to do this. Firstly tried AVI format. This introduced a time lag.

Then i tried DVD Fab to convert to other formats.

I believe that i tried Generic, iPod, ZUNE, XBOX30 … anythink that i thought could be imported into Windows Movie Maker.

All formats i tried had an audio time lag.

So then someone helpfully suggested i try DVDx. I tried this and it converted the DVD clip fine into AVI format, with no time lag.

As i say… i am very new to all this. So you may offer me some good advice on a better way of converting the Mini DV into a format readable by Windows Movie maker.

And you may ask… why WMM… i guess that it looks easy to use, and has all the simple functionality that i need.

Having said that, a friend is going to give me a copy of Adobe Premier which she says would be beter to use.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, i can email someone the files in Video_TS folder total size is 260 Mb if this helps in setting up a real test?

Dave