Audio Jack problem!

vbimport

Hi there folks not sure if im in the right sort of forum but im in despair :frowning:

Ok, so i have a laptop with two audio jacks

A Headphone jack 3.5mm - which i use to plug in my hi-fi (got a converted cable)

and a Mic/line in jack - which i dont use

Ive recently broken the Headphone jack and was wondering if there was software that can convert the mic/line in jack so it can be used as a headphone jack?? please help, i cannot afford to get my laptop repaired, times are tight.

Welcome to the forum jonesythejoner :slight_smile:

It depends on how old the laptop is. More modern built-in audio will have ‘jack sensing’ and when you plug a device into a jack it will ask you what the device is.

ah yes it does have jack sensing, but it only asks me if i want to use it as a mic in or line in, not output, this is where i would need the software ( if there is any) to convert the mic in to output :confused:

If you can’t get it to work as you require, look for a USB audio adapter, plugs into a usb port and gives you another headphone socket. Cost would be cheaper than a repair.

[QUOTE=jonesythejoner;2532732]ah yes it does have jack sensing, but it only asks me if i want to use it as a mic in or line in, not output, this is where i would need the software ( if there is any) to convert the mic in to output :confused:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like software won’t make it an output.

go to ebay and look at item number 250550741317, that should work.