Audio issue with new DVR-116D

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-116D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I installed a new DVR-116D and flashed the firmware to 1.09. When I use the analog audio cable between the 116D and a Creative Live sound card I get some strange drive noise through my speakers.

I put a new 80 conductor IDE cable in and the noise was still there. I removed the analog audio cable and the noise diminished but I can still hear some drive noise through my speakers when I fast forward a DVD.

I haven’t had any audio problems with my other burner, a Lite-On iHAP 422 8, with the analog audio cable connected to it and the sound card. The DVR-116D is set as master and the Lite-On is set as slave. The IDE connectors are installed correctly with the end conn to the master drive and the middle to the slave.

I have triple checked my audio settings and ran the Creative Live diagnostics but no problems were found. The only thing I can think of at this point is that the new DVR-116D might be defective. Any ideas?

Dell Dimension 8250 with XP SP3