Audio hardware install problem

vbimport

i have a problem. There’s no sound with my computer. i figured out that there’s no sound device installed. i try to reinstall the driver and a message pops up (failing the download) saying “CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
There was a problem installing this hardware (Multimedia Audio Controller) An error occured during the installation of the decive
DATA error (cyclic redundancy check)”.

could someone please help me. i have no sound on my computer, i can’t listen to itunes, play dvd’s or anything. please help. thanks any info would be extreamly appreciated

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

I have split your post off from the other thread as it seems a very different problem. Also we request that you don’t create multiple posts about the same subject, because it gets confusing for other members trying to help.

I’ll now transfer this to the General Hardware section where you’ll probably be able to get more specific advice.

[QUOTE=jakeduque;1994035]i have a problem. There’s no sound with my computer. i figured out that there’s no sound device installed. i try to reinstall the driver and a message pops up (failing the download) saying “CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
There was a problem installing this hardware (Multimedia Audio Controller) An error occured during the installation of the decive
DATA error (cyclic redundancy check)”.

could someone please help me. i have no sound on my computer, i can’t listen to itunes, play dvd’s or anything. please help. thanks any info would be extreamly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Is your audio onboard or addon card ??? When did the sound problem start happening? If the it is a addon card what type and version of software do you have for it??? Your giving to general problem without hardware specs to know what is going on. So if you can go back and get more specs we can go on from there.