Audio GTA 3 PC

how do i get it so that i dont need disk #2 in the cd-rom drive so cause i dont want it accesing my cd-om every few seconds.

I need to put audio from cd on the hard drive so that it dont access tha cd-rom to play audio, so what do i do?

it slows gameplay down and tha cd gets warm as hell :frowning:

Perhaps you can mount the image from your hard drive…
I have seen such a thing pass by here, but have absolutely no clue on how to do it or with what program it can be done… (perhaps search can help you out, but I don’t know)

You can do it with a no-cd crack, but thats probably illegal

Or rip your audio tracks to mp3 puts them in the mp3 map in de GTA3 dir en select on the radio MP3 and there you go…

no cd is probably the easiest way, as in least painful. its also illegal, so i cant tell you about it. just make sure, if you do, you copy the music folder to the hard drive :wink:

That ripping and encoding is easily done.

On the 2nd cd there is a map called , audio.
These are the audio files in .wav format.
But beware , this is not a normal .wav file (uncompressed) but the 0x11 format.

To easily rip them to mp3 , just set your winamp output plugin to diskwriter , then reencode the newly uncompressed .wav to mp3 and there you go.

Chatterbox is hilarious :slight_smile:

cant beat kJAH for me :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]That ripping and encoding is easily done.

On the 2nd cd there is a map called , audio.
These are the audio files in .wav format.
But beware , this is not a normal .wav file (uncompressed) but the 0x11 format.

To easily rip them to mp3 , just set your winamp output plugin to diskwriter , then reencode the newly uncompressed .wav to mp3 and there you go.

Chatterbox is hilarious :slight_smile: [/B]

but on my gta3 cd #2 i got a audio directory and they appear already to be mp3 files… so whats tha deal now?

i already tried copying and pasteing em into tha gta 3 folder where tha audio directory is so what now???

Mr. Belvedere mentioned the wav format to be 0x11. Could you elaborate on this. And i’ve heard of something called a riff-wav is this the same thing?

Originally posted by kwkard
Mr. Belvedere mentioned the wav format to be 0x11. Could you elaborate on this. And i’ve heard of something called a riff-wav is this the same thing?

The 0x11 wav format is a compressed form of WAV which can be read by Winamp , but not directly compressed to MP3 via Lame or OggVorbis.

It’s also called an ADPCM wav if i’m not mistaken.

Ah , i’ve found some more info about it.

wow thanx a lot:bigsmile:

well i finally got it to work :slight_smile:

had to copy audio directory from the second game cd to gta3 directory and then get a newer cd crack :slight_smile:

works like a charm :slight_smile:

…dont know if this is a legal post,but since your allowed 1 back-up of media ,i guess you can make an IMG file with CloneCD ,and use this to open the image on the hard drive W/O the CD :wink: