Audio Extraction & YAMB

I’m wondering if YAMB has been modified since “signals” wrote his guide?

There are no tabs to click on once the program launches:

The only extraction option appears in the Edit screen:

I couldn’t find an Extract screen anything like the shot from signals’ guide.

What’s up?

Yes it has been modified so that you can extract to an MP3 file (at least I haven’t been able to do it). I had to download the old version of YAMB in order to use the MP3 extraction technique as shown in the guide.

-IP

The UI has been redone since the guide was made. The functionality should be the same, and the last time I tried the link to the older version it still worked. Sorry for the confusion. I will be updating the guide soon to reflect the new ‘split by chapters’ option in DVDFab that removes the need to use Merge mode unless you are using multiple sources.

[quote=signals;1977368]The UI has been redone since the guide was made. The functionality should be the same, and the last time I tried the link to the older version it still worked. Sorry for the confusion. I will be updating the guide soon to reflect the new ‘split by chapters’ option in DVDFab that removes the need to use Merge mode unless you are using multiple sources.[/quote]I would be very interested in this. I would like an easy way for me to take my DVD concert videos and convert the “chapters” into MP3 songs for my portable music player. The YAMB way (with the old software) works but it takes a long time…

-IP

Hi IP
Watch the Guide link in the forum; I’ll try to get it tagged as UPDATED when the changes are made. This is probably several weeks off, this is a busy time of year for me at work. This Guide is not in the DVDFab Tutorial, only here in the forum. There was talk at one time of adding the audio stripping function within DVDFab–I think it is on the “to-do” list for the developers. In the meantime Yamb works great. Thanks again to its author Kurtnoise.:slight_smile: