Audio device driver will not install

vbimport

Running MacX DVD Ripper Pro on a Macbook Pro (late 2011) with El Capitan. Trying to use the “Screen Recorder” function of the application, and when adjusting the settings to capture “System Sound” as the audio device, an “AudioDeviceInstaller” window pops up and prompts me to install a driver in order to record system audio. When I click “Install Driver,” the system just “Thinks” ad infinitum. I’ve tried closing the dialog box to restart the driver download (no change) and even force-closing down the program and restarting the driver download process (no change)…

…what do I have to do in order to get the program to record system audio when I’m using the screen recorder function?

TIA for your help.

Your OS prevents the driver from being installed, so you need a newer version of the program…

I’m running version 5.1.9…is there a newer version that I’m not aware of? When I check from an updated version, it says that I have the latest. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

[QUOTE=MacXDVDRip;2765266]I’m running version 5.1.9…is there a newer version that I’m not aware of? When I check from an updated version, it says that I have the latest. Sorry if this is a stupid question.[/QUOTE]

Im having the same problem with MacX Video Converter Pro. If anyone knows how to fix this problem get back to both of us

You weren’t getting any help in the Newbies, so I’ve moved the thread to the Digiarty forum.

[QUOTE=chef;2765212]Your OS prevents the driver from being installed, so you need a newer version of the program…[/QUOTE]

Think this may be an issue about signed vs unsigned Kernel extensions. I am having the exact some problem with MacX Video Convertor Pro. Digiarty support advised me yesterday to disable kext signing by running the terminal command sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1. If this is their official advise for resolving this particular issue its not good advice because it will disable an important security feature. I followed their advice regardless and the problem is still not fixed. As it turns out under El Captain the latest version of Mac OS, the command has no effect according to the Mac Documentation.

Having the same issue here. Running the latest version etc.

Just wanted to add to the list of the not happy.

Why on earth wouldn’t recording system audio be built in?

el Capital on an iMac,
Same problem, the driver won’t install.

This feature is so basic, why wouldn’t it be built in?
Disappointed. :frowning:

Any advice on how to use the screen recorder and record the sound, too?

Thanks!
Really appreciate any and all help with this. :slight_smile:

Bloss

I’m having the same problem too:

Audio driver will load. Software hangs, requiring force quit of MacX Video Converter Pro.

Has anyone come across a solution yet?

Thanks

I was having the same problems with Mac OS X El Capitan… So I started to dig through the system.log and found these two errors:

Sandbox: cp(37844) System Policy: deny(1) file-write-mode /System/Library/Extensions/GoodSysAudioCapture.kext

ERROR: invalid signature for com.digiarty.driver.goodSysAudioCapture, will not load

Mac OS X El Capitan has a new protection feature called “System Integrity Protection” or SIP, it won’t allow changes that it thinks will compromise the system…

There is a work around, you can disable SIP… You can use it if you like at your own risk… If you don’t want to use it, that’s fine too…

BUT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM THOSE THAT DON’T WANT TO APPLY THE WORK AROUND BELOW… KEEP YOUR PREACHING TO YOURSELF…

How to disable SIP in OS X El Capitan:

Restart your Mac, into RECOVERY MODE (Command-R)…

Goto the Utilities in the Menu Bar, and select Terminal…

At the terminal prompt type (without quotes) “csrutil disable; reboot” and press “ENTER”…

And that’s it… Your Mac will reboot, and you should be able to install the audio capture driver…

You can re-enable SIP by repeating this work around, but using “csrutil enable; reboot” instead…