Audio + Data burning is not a good thing

does anyone know why, when I burn an audio + data mix CD with nero, that I seem to get a blank track at the start of the CD when I play it in my CD player.

what happens is that I go through the wizard and choose audio/data then drag and drop my mp3’s into the little audio section and drag and drop about 150mgs of files into the data section and it all looks fine, then I burn and I get a 15 minute blank track at the start of the cd, and the actual songs start in track 2. though PC’s seem to just ignore the blank track (I ran it in windows media player 7) and start the music straight away, but as I said CD players don’t.

Can anyone help me at all??

Novex

The first track is the data track and cannot be read in a CD Player…

well then how do all the musos put in all their extra stuff without it showing?? also is there anyway to fix it?? like i wouldnt care less if it was on the last track, but on the first, it kills the soundtrack too much

The only way to do what you want is to make an audio CD but without closing the session and then ad the data you want and then close the session !

It’s an illegal format but in the ‘OLD’ days people were using Easy CD Creator to do just that !
It gave a warning saying it’s an illegal format but one could ignore that becuase it worked anyway !

I don’t know if nero can do it … but it’s worth a try and this way the DATA track will be the last track !

I don’t know if Nero automatically imports the previous session when adding another session to the CD but I don’t think it will work if it doesn’t.

I’m not too sure that I can make a multisession CD that lets you play music too, cause the option only appears in the ISO setting, not the mixed mode one.

Do you know if theres a way around this??

in nero instead of choosing mixed mode cd choose for enhanced cd and everything will be as you wiss.

If you put it in your computer you will see the data and when you put it in a cdplayer it will just play the music withoud the cdplayer seeing the data track

actually, when you put it in the cd player the player tries to play the data, thus resulting in a blank track.

the only weird thing is that when you run it from windows media player it doesnt try to play the data, theres no blank, and its all good.

I’ll try your suggestion

thanks

what do you mean by enchanced mode?!?

Originally posted by Novex
[B]actually, when you put it in the cd player the player tries to play the data, thus resulting in a blank track.

the only weird thing is that when you run it from windows media player it doesnt try to play the data, theres no blank, and its all good.

I’ll try your suggestion

thanks

what do you mean by enchanced mode?!? [/B]

sorry I was wrong, you have 2 options with nero: mixed mode and cd extra.
if you burn as mixed mode the data track will be the first track on your cd and if you use cd extra everything will be as discribed above.
So I suggest you use cd extra

btw don’t use the wizard in nero for this one

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see now

just wondering but what are the 2 pink folders there for (CDPLUS and PICTURES), what do they do?? like do I put the files under one of them or what??

are they necessary or can I delete them??

also what are the files in them used for?? like theres jacket01.00A in the PICTURES folder (there a few more too)

and in the INFO.CDP in the CDPLUS folder.

does anyone know what theyre for and whether I need them??

sorry but im new to all this stuff

Novex

just drag and drop your data to the upper left window and your audio to the big window, just leave does 2 files alone, I don’t know why they are there but you can’t delet them.

just ignore them but don’t put your files in does folders

just use nti cd copy or nero n choose cd extra itll work as u wish :smiley:

here to help or express myself, not to rack up my posts :smiley: