Audio cds

silly as it may sound, but is there any difference in the quality of sound between a cd-r and an audio cd-r, if i record on pc? since i don’t playback on a high-end stereo, should i continue burning data discs for audio use?

as u said, you don’t have a high-end stereo, therefore you probably wouldn’t tell if there would be a difference, which there isn’t actually. it’s just a vat-matter…

No, there is no difference in sound quality. Audio cds cost more simply because part of the price is diverted to the record companies as a licence fee. They should only be used on stand-alone recorders which will not accept ordinary cdrs. To use them on a pc is just a waste of money.

ok, thanx for that. actually i had doubts myself about the sound quality thing, that’s why i asked. anyway, it’s silly to expect better sound from an audio which was a copy of a cd-r… :slight_smile: btw, i ve heard that audios are better in terms of hardware quality, meanining they last longer and it’s more difficult to affect sound through a scratch -for example. true?

Lie. Audio CDRs

As said, so called Audio CDRs are specially designed for use in standalone audio recorders.
The organic dye used in the recording layer is the same :

Audio CDR :

Disc Type = CDR
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead In = 97:15:17
Lead Out = 79:59:73
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X (Write)

Data CDR :

Disc Type = CDR
Material = Phthalocyanine