Audio cd

vbimport

Hi ya, I’m trying to copy an audio cd which i got from a local nigtclub, a cd of their dj-ing.
My computer will not play the disk at all, and when i look at it under “My Computer” it just says cd rom, raw file system, 0 bytes used

my 24x lite-on cd-rw reads audio cd’s no problem, and the disk is clean

Clonyxxl cannot find the disk, and then reports unknown copy protection

Clone cd will copy it but it will not play. It plays fine on my stereo system. any ideas?

It looks like Cactus Data Shild. You need special reader to make a copy. CloneCD can backup it, try to use ALcoholer to set settings. Link it in my signature

Do i need to download clonyxxl and alcohol 120% for your alcoholer to work?

ok, i tried clonyxxl on my audio cd and it cannot read the disk, it then says it’s an unknown copy protection.
What should i try next?

Can your pc read other audio cds?
Is the disc clean?
Maybe you could try the special audio cd programs like ExactAudioCopy or Feurio!.
If there is a copy protection, try reading the article mentioned in my signature for more information on how to backup copy protected audio cds.

my 24x lite-on cd-rw reads audio cd’s no problem, and the disk is clean

Clonyxxl cannot find the disk, and then reports unknown copy protection

Clone cd will copy it but it will not play. It plays fine on my stereo system. any ideas?

If it is really another copy protection try reading it in another drive, preferably in a Yamaha F1, Plextor or LiteOn (40sp or higher with the latest firmware which read copy protected audio cds).

ah ha, feurio can read the cd, but it sees the tracks as data instead of audio.

what can i try next?

Originally posted by dodge_the
what can i try next?

…try reading it in another drive, preferably in a Yamaha F1, Plextor or LiteOn …

ok, i’ve tried the cd in a lite-on 48x writer, still can’t copy it succesfully, so i’ve copied it from my line in (anologue). I’ve now got a 75 minutes .wav file which i need to cut up into tracks.

Any idea which software is best for this?

ah ha, feurio can read the cd, but it sees the tracks as data instead of audio.

All tracks as data? strange.
All tracks should be audio except the last one (data), and Feurio can’t copy data tracks.

You should try EAC and “Detect TOC manually”.

Anyway, the key is the reader.
Look at the data files in the disc in order to know which audio protection is.
If it’s CDS200 (Cactus Data Shield) follow the tips here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=68184

For splitting tracks, I find Feurio the most comfortable.
Drop the WAV in a project, open Feurio Track Editor and press “Split Tracks (linked)” to divide the track.
This editor is non-destructive and the WAV won’t be physically divided, so make sure that your drive is supported by Feurio.

yep, I tried EAC, It does not recognise the cd at all, so it wont let me select “Detect TOC Manually”

sorry but Feurio aint my cup of tea :bow:

If my local nightclub can purchase copy protection like this, why don’t all cd’s have it?

If my local nightclub can purchase copy protection like this, why don’t all cd’s have it?

Because of two simple reasons, the first being excluding computer users and the second is not working on DVD players. Record companies won’t pay for this type of curruption.

It sounds like your currupted CD has the control bits set to DATA and a messed up Lead-Out. This was either original cheap curruption or a freeware crap app like EAL or CCD-Lock was used.

First use EAC or PlayAnyCD to stabalize the invalid TOC.

Second use CDRWIN or Clone to make an image file.

Third change the control bits in the clone image.ccd file to 00 (they will be on 04) Control=0x04/00

If using CDRWIN change the cue sheet name.cue to AUDIO not data mode whatever.