Audio cd tracks

Hi guys - a newbie here. I tried searching before posting this question so please excuse me if its been answered already. When I create an audio cd with different mp3s (different artists), why don’t the name of the songs appear in my media player automatically? I have to manually type them in. Is this normal behavior or is there something I can do to make them show up when I insert a custom audio cd?

If I’m not being clear, please feel free to ask me anything.

Thanks in advance,
Wy

Hi,

you need to burn an audio CD with CD TEXT support. If that is displayed during playback, is just a matter of the player. Windows Media Player does not support CD TEXT.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. How do I enable that option? I assume I have to do this before I burn the cd. I mostly use Nero but on another machine I use CD BurnerXP Pro.

Wy

That should be done automagically if the entries (Title, Artist) for each song are filled (Right click on track, then select “Properties”). You may have a look into the Nero help files. There are also some tutorials available on nero.com

Michael

Ok. It looks like Real Player support cd-text because the songs did appear without me having to type them. Thanks for your help Michael.

Wy