Audio CD - protected with unknows protection

vbimport

Hi,

I am trying to backup my audio CD. the protection is not recognized by Clonyxxl and i spend the entire weekend trying to rip it with EAC, Easy CD-DA Extractor, Clone CD with anydvd.

to make things short, the only software getting any closer to rip this cd is Easy CD-DA Extractor, pressing “Action” - Read table of contents" - “Sub code analyze”
I can see all the audio tracks on the cd otherwise i can see only one track and the rest (+19 tracks) are so called Data tracks.
so by using the sub code analyze command i am able to recognize the “Data” tracks as Audio tracks.
but when actually trying to rip the cd it encounter a huge mass of errors and i am giving up after 2-3 hours of work.

I have a “Pioneer DVR-212” and “Tsst Corp SH-S223P”
Drives.

EAC is a big failure, i might be because i don’t know how to tell it to analyze the CD before the ripping ?? but it only detects the first track as Audio, the rest is detected as DATA.

ANYDVD is running in the background. don’t know if it’s helping ??

any help would be much appreciated this is a work CD and i have to back it up or it will be used and destroyed in time.

Thanks.

I do not know what it is, but I have been trying to rip copy protected CDs myself in the past few weeks.
I found that IsoBuster was a great help, as it allowed to select a certain session and rip all tracks from that session to WAV files on my hard disc… EAC then converted these WAV files to MP3 using the LAME encoder. MP3Tag finally helped me editing the ID3 tags…

I am a happy camper now, I hope it helps you too…

thanks i will give it a shot right now

@predatorftp
Was AnyDVD running in the background all the time ?
If yes, try your tools without AnyDVD as well and always let the app load your disc - or at least don’t let Windows autorun the disc.

isobuster looks nice but still no success, I will try to turn off anydvd and try again.

the tracks are under the first track (subtracks) dunno what kind of protection is it ?

Edit:

Dunno i’d like instructions on Isobuster because it takes ages to read the CD… and it puts a red X on the tracks.

[QUOTE=predatorftp;2469762]isobuster looks nice but still no success, I will try to turn off anydvd and try again.

the tracks are under the first track (subtracks) dunno what kind of protection is it ?

Edit:

Dunno i’d like instructions on Isobuster because it takes ages to read the CD… and it puts a red X on the tracks.[/QUOTE]

X means read error… Had that on one disc also, then I tried a different drive and it works.
Could be a hardware issue?