Audio CD pause

vbimport

Hi - i just joined so this may be answered elsewhere, but a search didn’t reveal anything.

Is there any way to create an audio CD which will make a domestic player (Marantz in my case) automaticall enter Pause mode between selected tracks?

I record an string quartet playing various works and transcribe them on a PC to CD for members. I would like the CDs in effect to stop between certian tracks until the Start or Pause button is pressed - as if the user had pressed the Pause button by hand.

This is so that when listening, the end of one item is not followed by the next without user intervention.

I seem to remember reading ages ago something about the Red Book spec allowing for this, without taking any recording time from the disc.

I use Goldwave sound edior, Nero software and HP 9300 burner

Thanks for any help with this :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I just did a quick browse through the Red Book and found nothing about what you are wanting to do. I think your only hope would be if the CD player was programmed to stop when it got to the next track. I’ve not seen any players that do this but I suppose it’s possible. Good luck.

Thaks for reply. Nothing in instructions so I guess I’m out of luck. I’ll put in a separate silent track or a voice comment where appropriate.