Audio cd burn problems

HELP PLEASE…recently purchased the Asus DRW-1608P2…my problem is this…i can burn DVD’s from an image at full speed, buffer right to the top…data cdr and dvd, same again, at full speed, buffer right to the top…my problems start when i try to do audio to cdr. Whether i burn at 4x, 10x, 16x or greater the cd takes at least 20 mins to burn…the buffer goes no higher than 9%. When the burning starts, time remaining will say perhaps 4 mins however when this as counted down to zero the burn process is only at 28%…of the finished cd’s a large nunber of them jump.
I have had this drive as secondary slave/master, primary slave…reinstalled xp…upgraded the firmware of the drive, the PC processor…the lot

I am using Nero7 Premium.

Forgot to say i have tried 4 different types of media…all of which i have used for a long while with perfect results

AFAIK Asus doesn’t actually make their drives. I can’t figure out what brand the drive really is. I don’t suppose you do?

(What I’m getting at is, it might be a garbage drive.)

Thanks for the speedy reply mate

Ur right…I dont…but i will damn well find out.

:slight_smile:

You could try another burning app like Burrrn (www.burrrn.net, it’s free ) just to see if the results are the same.

@ Ajwoodsie,

Perchance have you ensured that your Hard Drive and Asus DRW-1608P2 Drive is set to the DMA mode?

Suggest viewing the below Forum Posting and note Forum Member ireland’s (posting #4) comments concerning setting DMA.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=150240

Your Asus DRW-1608P2 is a rebadged Pioneer DVR-110D DVD Burner.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the help Peeps, think i have founfd the problem…i had noticed that if i listened to an audio track in media player it was fine, however listen to the same track through nero and it jumped…re-installing Nero didnt solve the problem, but downgrading to Nero 6 did,wierd…

One more question please…being a re badged Pioneer…can i use the pioneer firmware in this drive?

Thanks again.