Audio card probs?

vbimport

Hi,
Have Win 7-64 bit Home Ed as OS. Am trying to import audio from an older turntable unit. Have single RCA type plugged into headphones on turntable that goes to a Magix pre- amp(input) then output to single mini plug to PC. I have tried both the microphone plug in on the PC & the blue plug on back. I do get sound when the main plug from turntable headphone jack is removed (also when just playing music on the PC my PC speakers work.) Trying to use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 16 but get no sound/audio readings. When checking PC’s Audio Devices- nothing is listed under recording tab. Another tab has listed Hi Def Audio (how generic is that! :Z All drivers should be up to date although when I use my driver updater it always tries to install a IDT driver, but when I actually go to install the download I get an error msg- hardware not supported= cancelling driver install. No audio info on the most recent Belarc info. SO…1-.how can I actually find out what type/make of audio card I have so I can dbl check I 'm using the correct driver and then 2- where do I go? Ages ago, when I used XP as OS & ACL10, I actually was able to do a hook up from the same turntable using a Xitel pre-amp & USB port into PC & converted 30 LPs to cd. The Xitel doesn’t work with Win 7. HELP - I’m starting to eat chocolate now :confused: THANK YOU

[QUOTE=cedrich999;2531982]Have single RCA type plugged into headphones on turntable that goes to a Magix pre- amp(input) then output to single mini plug to PC. I have tried both the microphone plug [/QUOTE]

Not compatible. ATX mic-in is for condenser mic only, no dynamic mic or pickup support. Dynamic Pre-amp equalizer input not compatible with Headphone-Output of turntable player.

Use the standard output of the turntable with the Magix turntable-equalizer preamp and use the blue input and Audacity.

Thanks for the info- finally found a major answer to my audio card prosb- Win 7 isn’t supported by the motherboard I have- so after talking to my local repair shop that did the latest upgrades on my rig… I have been able to do a work around- loaded the audio driver for my Intel motherboard from the Intel site but used/listed Vista 64 bit as my OS:rolleyes:(so I fudged a bit), download & installed- well heck, it actually works now- cheaper than a new motherboard or audio card-which was Intel’s sole resolution. I’ll try the hookup now- the old unit only has a headphone jack & speaker jacks.
Here I go- will let you know how things work
:cool:

Time to loose some hair now- ended up getting a new sound card installed & had BIOS updated. well…I p;ugged the Magix pre-am into the blue inline & get ZIP- nothing no sound detected. I only get really crummy sound that Audacity or ACL16 can pick up IF I plug it into the front mic jack-which is a no-no. Anyone have an idea? :confused: & really:o:

IT WORKS!!! Finally made a trip to the old repair shop & after some work & a Win 7 beta program by Creative for the soundcard the ports actually work like they are suppose to:D Just finished my first vinyl to cd transfer with ACL16- Tomorrow it’s Blood, Sweat & Tears to cd using Audacity. THANK YOU :flower: