Audio caching and write quality

vbimport

hi all! good to be back after several years.sorry in advance for asking something like this , but i seem unable to find an accurate answer. my question is this.
does audio caching affects audio quality when doing an on-the-fly cd recording? i never use mp3 or any other format because i want the best possible audio quality. even when i perform a backup to my hdd. everything is on wav format. i have 3 iHAS624 and 4 ad-7260 and variants (7261,7263). i know for sure that the optiarcs do not cache audio but the liteons do cache. will there be a quality drop if i copy a cd using the liteons? the burns are always on the fly, not temporarily stored in hdd then copy to disk but always from disk to disk. sorry for my english. and thank you for your much valued info you give me.

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2726277]does audio caching affects audio quality when doing an on-the-fly cd recording? i never use mp3 or any other format because i want the best possible audio quality.[/QUOTE]

For on-the-fly audiocd backups,the audio caching is irrelevant,as you NEVER get the best possible audio quality that way!:disagree:
The purpose of defeating audio caching is for error detection and correction,which is established by reading and re-reading from the disc,not from the cache.

I’m curious about what program you use for backing up your music cd’s …and which re-reads and does error correction on-the-fly…:confused:

thank you very much. i use nero though i probaply shouldn’t . now i am thinking of trying eac for that. if it is irrelavant , then what is the best way to get the best possible quality? thank you very much!!!

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2726284]then what is the best way to get the best possible quality?[/QUOTE]

To get the best possible audio,you 1st have to rip to your harddisk with a ripper that supports AccurateRip.
EAC,CueTools and dBpoweramp come to mind,although there are probably plenty of other good ones around.
Don’t forget to setup your ripping drive properly,the quality result highly depends on that.For example:if your drive caches audio,it will be flushed when correctly setup,if the drive offset is correct,the starting point and timings of the backup will be correct and so on…

i am confused. i don’t know how to setup the drive. i can control the audio quality via the programme? can i use eac to do all of that?

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2726294]i am confused. i don’t know how to setup the drive. i can control the audio quality via the programme? can i use eac to do all of that?[/QUOTE]

Yes…you can all of that with EAC…:iagree:
A good beginning tutorial :recommended EAC setup guide.
After a while,when you’re a bit more comfortable with the program,you can change some setting to your own liking…just don’t tinker too much with the settings that influence the quality of the music rip…:wink:

thank you very much. looks like i have to do quite a reading. thank you again!!!

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2726298] looks like i have to do quite a reading. thank you again!!![/QUOTE]

YW…:wink:
The reading looks overwhelming,but it’s not that terrible…and don’t forget to backup your EAC drive config when you’re ready,then it’s only a 1 time efford…I use the same configuration on 3 different computers for my external drives…

it seems i don’t remember if i did the accuraterip callibration. is there a way to do it again?

Pop in a popular cd in your drive (as it’s probably
already in the AccurateRip database),go to ‘drive options–>offset/speed’ tab,then mark the checkbox ‘use accuraterip with this drive’.
But most likely,the checkbox is already marked …:wink:
If you rip a cd,it should be in the logfile if it’s accurate ripped…:slight_smile: