Audio and Video out of sync when burning

vbimport

I have been burning DVDs from .avi files using Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 but although the .avi file plays perfectly on the PC, when I burn it, the audio is often slightly out of sync with the video! Any ideas where the problem might be? Software or Hardware? Thanks in advance.

The problem is the SOURCE.

BTW, you cannot burn DVDs from avi straight away, they first have to be transcoded into dvd capable mpeg2 format, then they have to be burned onto DVD.

If you are converting avi to dvd-video using Ashampoo, the conversion process is the probable source of your audio/video sync problems.

You should try converting with DVDFlick or AVStoDVD and see if the output is improved. Both are free to use.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You don’t say whether you’re burning your .avi files as data discs, or converting them into DVD-compliant format.

If it’s the latter, and given that the original .avi’s play fine on the PC, then I would suggest trying a different software to start with - perhaps a free option like DVDFlick…or a pay option like ConvertXtoDVD, which I use and have never had a problem with.

Also, please tell us what speed you’re burning at - it may be that a medium speed like 8x will help, if you’re burning at the disc’s max supported speed.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

EDIT: LOL! Kerry, you sneaky devil, you beat me to the punch :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=raywilk;2493942]I have been burning DVDs from .avi files using Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 but although the .avi file plays perfectly on the PC, when I burn it, the audio is often slightly out of sync with the video! Any ideas where the problem might be? Software or Hardware? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem once. Play perfect on computer, but once burned, audio out of sync.
I demuxed the file PGCDemux, remuxed using MuxMan and I could see sync issue playing the file on computer.
Used MuxMan to fix the audio delay, no problem after that.
Could not figure out what went wrong since computer had no problem with original file. I imagine there was some addressing problem while packetizing the file for DVD.

I often find that AVI files with VBR audio play fine on the computer, but when converted to CBR audio (for standalone compatibility) they go out of sync; I think it’s something to do with the VBR header (check out the warning message you get when trying to load a VBR audio AVI in VirtualDub).